Interesting!

GoldenMotor.com

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Yesterday I was in the local Ace Hardware and I noticed that they had a MB at the front of the store with a sign saying they were selling the engine kits for $149.95. I of course had to give it a looking over. It was definitely a china girl engine but it had a round cylinder/cylinder head instead of a square one. I haven't seen one like that before. I didn't ask if this was something Ace in general was carrying or if this particular store just got some to sell but it is still interesting to see the kits in such a "mainstream" type environment.

.trk

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
Yesterday I was in the local Ace Hardware and I noticed that they had a MB at the front of the store with a sign saying they were selling the engine kits for $149.95. I of course had to give it a looking over. It was definitely a china girl engine but it had a round cylinder/cylinder head instead of a square one. I haven't seen one like that before. I didn't ask if this was something Ace in general was carrying or if this particular store just got some to sell but it is still interesting to see the kits in such a "mainstream" type environment.

.trk
This could be the first crack in the dam. If we listen close we might be able to hear the flood warning siren?!
.ride7a

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
I just checked out the official website for Ace and they didn't list the motor kit. Looks like it might be a "manager's choice" item for each store ... or maybe it's just not on the site yet.

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Some of those ace stores are just franchises. I ran into that with some welding rods. One of the sites google came up with was a store not the home page. The local people said they would match the price as if it wasn't a company thing. I thought it was strange at the time.

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Where's this At Finfan? I want to go check it out.
The Ace over by 22nd and Kolb (about a block west of Kolb on the north side of 22nd). The bike is done up as an OD Army model. I don't know if the motor on the bike is the same as the one they are offering for sale. It could be somebody just had an old one to use for the display.

Last edited: