Automatic Clutch

GoldenMotor.com

TLDove

Jul 21, 2009
Lebanon,Pa
Hey guys I'm looking at making a true auto clutch for these two stroke engines. But I would like to get your input before I get one made. What would you like in this Kit and would you change to pull start . Also would you like new pedal set up to clear clutch and pull start in these kits. I think it would be great to have an automatic for in town. I want to make this kit as easy as pie to put on and not to take hours to do. I want it to take under 1hour to install on the motor.Also I was think about one for left side to run one the kit sprocket. Another kit made for right side with a free wheel system to make it a auto with shift kit if you have gears.Any information you guys had would be great help and what would you pay for a kit like this? Thanks guys for your time.dnutscratg.spr.

Last edited:

Scotchmo

Jun 23, 2009
Los Osos, California
the one they have out now you still need to use manual clutch also. So it's not a true automatic heres the link and ppl have them and there not good.Motorized BIKE GAS ENGINE parts - centrifugal clutches - eBay (item 170388451669 end time Oct-05-09 15:15:29 PDT)
If you add the automatic clutch that they sell on eBay, you can still use the existing manual clutch to start the motor. That same company also sells a pull start. If you add the pull start in addition to the automatic clutch that they sell, you can ignore the manual clutch/pedal start if you want to. Why do you say that it is not a true automatic? What would yours do that the existing one cannot do?

TLDove

Jul 21, 2009
Lebanon,Pa
i heard they don't last long and i want to get ride of manual clutch all together and add pull start. I would have better made parts and was think how to mount it in replace of manual gear clutch that way case is not wider. There kit replaces crank sprocket with the cent. clutch gear . Was reading that it's ok but not the best. It seems to be cheaply made heard a lot of bad things about boy go fast and friend got motor and it's a dog slow. I reset carb runs better. Just was think there is got to be a better way to make it . Was thinking also of making a belt drive kit for these since it makes ride smoother thanks for you info. Maybe there kit with a better cent. clutch would work out better .was watch video the way they have kit mount on crank to replace crank sprocket. Make the cent. clutch spin but that the wrong way to do it the outer case should only spin as throttle is giving. So why would you want that to happen then motor wants to jump out from under aybe or die out .dnutscratg

Last edited:

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Silverbear is using the cent clutch and pull start and he thinks they're great.

As far as a BGF motor being bad because you had to adjust the carb on a friend's motor, you have to adjust the carb on just about ALL these engines. They set the e clip in a general location at the factory, they can't take into account the fact that buyer A lives in Death Valley at 260' below sea level or buyer B lives in Boulder at 5400' above sea level.

TLDove

Jul 21, 2009
Lebanon,Pa
was looking there clutch will work out didnt think so im lost to cent. clutches but was thinking if u remove manual clutch gear and mount cent. clutch on and modify case u might get a easy shift kit maybe ill try that to see what we get and if it might work out. Buddys motor is slow i got grubee skyhawk stock ran 40 mph his is like 31mph now just my thoughts

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
So what you're saying is you want to make your clutch have the drive sprocket on the right side of the engine?

TLDove

Jul 21, 2009
Lebanon,Pa
yes to make it run off bike hub sprocket then u dont have to make sure its always true and also mtb would make a shift kit just need free wheel or another way to do it and pull start and auto