western flyer resto mod

GoldenMotor.com

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
picked up a 60's western flyer today and started building some motor mounts. used the tig and silver solder to put everything on because i didn't want to put too much heat in the frame with a torch. didn't want to use steel filler because it doesn't really go with the bike. i can't get enough of the bmx parts on this bike, i know it will be a love it or hate it thing for you guys. the motor will be getting my race port, pipe, and carb package. this thing is so light, it's gonna fly.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
Man those are some inspiring pictures!!!!Its going to be one great ride when your done with it..... I like the forks on the bike in the background as well....shft.

Last edited:

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
sorry goat herder, i will not slow down, i wanna get there faster, they already complain, and i lost a couple freedoms already.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Cannot really preach there . My man have fun!!! I have not always practiced what I preached.. Every man gets their turn. Like the helmet saying not if ya do when it happens . I wish ya well!!

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
built most of a stainless expansion chamber this evening. i'm happy with the way it looks, but i think i'll put a little stinger on the end to give it that ting

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
i got some brakes now, had to put some tabs on the frame to hold the housing but let the cable pass. also a couple pivots on the top rear legs. the brakes work awesome, and don't look too bad either.

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
i had to give my buddy his dellorto 16/16 sha back and needed some pretty heavy carburetion to keep up with the airflow requirements of this fire breathing beastie, so i figured that 2 must be better than 1. i will be building another intake for the duals soon and the carbs need a little finesse but they work about 90% as good as the dellorto. i should be able to get the final tune done tomorrow. you would not believe how nice the throttle pull is with that little 90deg cable router.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
sorry goat herder, i will not slow down, i wanna get there faster, they already complain, and i lost a couple freedoms already.
Ummmmmm,I know the feeling of loosing freedom,thats what got me into the whole 2stroke bicyle scene....I ended up doing a couple years in prison and got out 3 months ago....Im back on my beachcruiser and loving it.....vvvvvvrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!
Man that is some nice work your doing,keep up the pics.....I want to see the finished product....
John

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
foureasy, I`M SPEACHLESS!! THANKS FOR SHARING AND THE GREAT PICS. DON`T LET D. FAIR DRIVE IT!! HE MAY LEAVE THE STATE!! LOL ARE DUAL CARBS LEGAL?? LOL. RON .cvlt1