a note about non-starters

GoldenMotor.com

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
Had one of the worst problems one sees in these yesterday. Bike sat for 4 months after getting motor full of fuel. I'm thinking insides were coated with a gooey mess of evaporated fuel & oil residue. Had I had to pedal this thing down the road to start it, I might have failed due to my advanced years and debilities.

Fortunately, I have a build bench that allows me to pedal just the motor without dragging all my weight along with it, so after about 4 min of hard pedaling, it started to limp along smoking horribly. Took a good 10 minutes to begin to run better.

If you see a non-starter like this, bring some young friends along to take shifts pedaling like ****.

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
Did the customer ever use his shutoff valve? A case full of fuel is pretty difficult to diagnose! Kudos to you on getting it running. Maybe that was homeboy's problem? Too bad we won't find out now

:-||

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
when you have spark & plug seems too wet, full motor is usually it & it usually starts after just a bit of hard pedaling, but when it sits that way a while, it gets REAL hard to start even tho you know everything is working

I'm on the waiting list for open heart surgery at VA and 3 minutes in I was starting to feel a bit stupid.