best exhaust for fast take off

GoldenMotor.com

TheRealDune

Aug 2, 2013
Las Cruces,NM
Hey everybody,
its payday and im looking to get an exhaust to get me going quicker. I have a 48T sprock and i am 250 . Dont want to end up buying a pipe that wont help me out , so i thought i would ask the experts here at the forum.

Pluto

Sep 3, 2013
Chicago
I am no expert but have been reading as much as I can about this hobby. I ended up installing the set up from Sick Bike Parts. Not the cheapest out there but I think it is a quality piece.

The instructions for their pipe says that by shortning the supplied copper piece of the pipe you are able to tune for low end torque or high RPM power. Your choice. I did not test it out as I cut it short, want low end power too. But mainly cause I think it looks better short.

Cheers, David

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
I have an X80 with a standard NT Carb, standard muffler, on a 29" motorized bicycle with a 56T. I top out at about 25MPH (cruising), and off-the-line is pretty impressive. If you're looking for good starting acceleration, I suggest a sprock upgrade.

TheRealDune

Aug 2, 2013
Las Cruces,NM
I have an X80 with a standard NT Carb, standard muffler, on a 29" motorized bicycle with a 56T. I top out at about 25MPH (cruising), and off-the-line is pretty impressive. If you're looking for good starting acceleration, I suggest a sprock upgrade.
36T would be best for starting accel right? X80 which exhaust would that be? Ty for your help

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Nope, 56T; (typo?). More teeth, more acceleration, less teeth, more speed. X80 is a 66cc kit; comes with a standard catalytic muffler. You might also consider drilling out the muffler innards. I did this on a previous build after it got fouled by too much oil and became constricted. The noise increase was negligible, but the accelleration improved markedly.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Just for information Dune, I'm 250 plus and I run a 36 tooth for lower rpm's and less vibration at cruising speeds. I run a homemade pipe and it pulls my big behind just fine.
The pipe made up for the loss of low end from the gearing.
I will never go back to a 44.
BUT I live in a relatively flat town. If you have hills that slow down a 44, you WILL have to pedal with a 36.

TheRealDune

Aug 2, 2013
Las Cruces,NM
Just for information Dune, I'm 250 plus and I run a 36 tooth for lower rpm's and less vibration at cruising speeds. I run a homemade pipe and it pulls my big behind just fine.
The pipe made up for the loss of low end from the gearing.
I will never go back to a 44.
BUT I live in a relatively flat town. If you have hills that slow down a 44, you WILL have to pedal with a 36.
Thanks Maniac your info is greatly appreciated=)

Will122391

May 31, 2013
Texas
If you want takeoff speed, the bigger the sprocket the better. But since you are going with a 36t, I would get the SBP exhaust and leave it as long as possible. The less you cut, the lower the torque will be. However, the power will still not be that low.

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
Agreed. Torque is wot ur after, & for a 2 stroke, an expansion chamber will give u by far the best bang for bucks in this regard, no matter if ur motor is stock or wild. SBP have a good one that is easily tuneable & adaptable to practically any installation. U wont regret buying one. Cheers

Last edited: