Boy-go-fast?

GoldenMotor.com

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
I'm with the majority here . My engine runs great other than no screen on my ball cock when it arrived , Ive had no other issues shipping was so fast the tracking was a day behind the product.. My first motor from them that has over 1300 miles on it and the piston looks like it has less than 50 miles on it. How can I comp[lain about that?

Sep 7, 2008
Omaha,NE
BGF is a good dealer, I bought my first kit from him. Their were a few things i needed to fix but most of the issues were steaming from my green horn status. ask questions , watch your tone of communication, and make sure you have a little mechanical common sense when building your kit. all in all the customer is NOT allways right ebay is not wal-mart where you can return dead plants, 1/2 used pharmaceutics, or deceased small animals for full refund.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
BGF is a good dealer, I bought my first kit from him. Their were a few things i needed to fix but most of the issues were steaming from my green horn status. ask questions , watch your tone of communication, and make sure you have a little mechanical common sense when building your kit. all in all the customer is NOT allways right ebay is not wal-mart where you can return dead plants, 1/2 used pharmaceutics, or deceased small animals for full refund.
You will never hear a good word from me, either with (both same owners) BGF or luckyearlybird. Dead magneto after 1.5 hours (over a 3 day period). They lost 4 sales from me, over a $10.00 part. All this is after I ordered both a CDI and magneto from them.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I wish that i had been that lucky. Several times I have not ordered items because of the total accumulative shipping cost. Seems crazy to order parts that the total shipping is a large percentage of the overall cost.

Overall I have been satisfied with thier product.

That is interesting...

One time I bought a clutch pulling tool in the morning, and in the afternoon I went back and bought a chain breaking tool from BGF.

These were two separate listings with their associated shipping charges.
Without my asking, or anything, he combined shipping and refunded me the difference.

oldtimer54

May 15, 2010
On a bike
You will never hear a good word from me, either with (both same owners) BGF or luckyearlybird. Dead magneto after 1.5 hours (over a 3 day period). They lost 4 sales from me, over a $10.00 part. All this is after I ordered both a CDI and magneto from them.
Iam with you Al but mine was a bad out of the box 66cc engine.

webanga

Nov 17, 2011
wa.
I bought a kit back 10/24/2011. The motor crank bolt came loose and blew out the cover. They told me to send it back. I did $22.05 shipping. They send me a motor that the fins are bent and dirty. Im pissed. I go ahead and install to find out there's no key in the crank gear. I go buy one and fix. Then I have no spark. Found bad wire from magneto. Fix that. Peddle my ass off can't get it to run.take a compression test. 60lbs. Now im really pissed. They sent me a use bad engine. I write them they tell me to send it back. I paid another $22.05 shipping. And they got it 11/25/2011 and I've e mail them daily asking about motor. They will not respond back. So I bought kit for 165.00 and spent 44.10 on shipping and have not received a motor. This is crap.

Sep 7, 2008
Omaha,NE
I am tactfully retracting my experience with boy-go-fast.

I bought a HD axel from them, i took it in to get laced up. one of the damn bearings is frozen, going to cost me an additional $50 to get that fixed before they send it out to wheelsmith to get laced up.

gosh damn it!

zman555

Dec 10, 2011
louisiana
laffI just bought a kit from BGF, Arrived just as pictured.Quickly! install was no problem.I am COMPLETELY satisfied. Everybody loves it!!!!!!

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
i bought a replacement engine from bgf back in april and feel that i got more than what i paid for. ordered what i thought was a 66cc, what arrived was a 68.5cc. Plus! pulled it out of the box and noticed that it had the wider front engine mount, which meant it would fit on my bike with no rigging. Plus! after installing, noticed that even without an expansion chamber and a top speed of only 22 at that time, this engine felt like a monster when it pulled you down the road. Plus! since installing the expansion chamber, gained 10 mph. Yet another plus! Sorry, but it doesnt look like i will be jumping on the boycott bandwagon anytime soon!

Chriscraft112

Sep 10, 2011
White Rock,British Columbia
Ive ordered a 66cc china girl from him on his ebay store and its still running great after 9 months of owning it!Havent had any problems with communication or customer service for that matter.Although the only bad part Ive recieved was the fuel line but Ive always got spare so thats never a problem but I wouldnt recommend using the fuel lines included anyway because they are made very cheaply.

fonzie

Nov 13, 2011
Dillsburg, pa
I ordered a "chrome bicycle engine kit for larger tube bikes" from BGF last week and had a good experience. The transaction was good......got a quick confirmation of the order and a PDF version of the installation instructions sent with the confirmation, which I thought was a great idea!!!! Although this is not my first build, for those first timers, it gives you a chance to review and study the install instructions while you are waiting for the engine kit to arrive. Shipping was by Fed Ex with tracking numbers and it took the usual 5 days to get it here to the east coast. The engine kit was exactly as advertised and was for the larger tube bikes(thats the main reason for buying and not the fact that it was chrome). The fins on the cylinder were straight with none bent as I have encountered on so many other engines. I am actually surprised with the exterior quality. The quality of the chrome looks good as well! Exhaust gasket was rectangular and matched the exhaust port pretty good. No round exhaust gasket on a rectangular port like alot of the other kits. The intake gasket is a good match also. Overall the kit looks to be a quality piece and a good value. I have not installed it yet but if it runs as good as it looks, should be a good motor. I was pleased enough to send a short note of thanks back to BGF for a smooth transaction. Thats just my experience that I thought I would pass on.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I'm sure a large portion of the vendors that advertise here on the forum attempt to go the extra bit in delivering the best product they can.
BGF is no more, or less, than a vendor earning an income marking up an imported product conducting volume sales. There's bound to be a number of QC problems, and vocal complaints.
I suppose I might buy kits from BGF if gubment would allow them to ship here.

When folks ask me about my mab while I'm out on the streets, I send them here, to Motorbicycling.com.
rc

Craigars

Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with BGF. I personally have had nothing but good results from them. Even though I didn't get my initial kit from them, I've bought many parts, many hard to find, to upgrade my BTR replica. Their prices have been reasonable and delivery quick. I like these guys.

Attachments

kidd778

Feb 28, 2012
illinois
i just got a bgf engine and it will not run tried everything still nothing tried to contact him for four days still no answer i can tell you this will never do any more business with them again

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
So far I've bought 3 engines from BGF and I've been pretty satisfied with them. Shipping was good and the engines were top notch.

rjs467

Feb 5, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
I purchased my 66 CC gas kit from BGF back in Sept/2011. Arrival was quick. But the only thing that ired me was the broken outer fin of the engine's slant head, or the crown. Following my email complaint over this broken fin, I received a return email advertising the same crown with a chrome finish. Not a message telling me that a new engine crown was mailed to my shipping address. I cleaned the two surfaces and re-attached this broken fin with fast-drying glue. If I look for an alternative parts supplier for this newly made MB of mine, it is because of the issue I described and the cost of delivery. Summer of 2012 will be my start-test and run-test time. brnot