well need new 4g tranmission bolts or would like some

GoldenMotor.com

darkhawk9

Aug 4, 2012
carlsbad
Looking for 4g transmission bolts lets just say i didnt have my friends impact drill and i used a (1960 one speed high torque drill instead). Heads are a little striped but bolts are fine was sucessfull at getting it out but one thing my dad taught me years ago was to do thing right the first time.So im looking to replace em any help? Thanks again darkhawk9 xct2 p.s looking for a better clutch then what came with the 4g any suggestions?5/8 shaft by the way forgot to include that

Last edited:

Sinistar

Dec 18, 2011
Memphis TN
go to the local hardware store and get allen head hardware. I didn't even attempt to use the supplied flat button head fastners. I can't think of the size now but I remember that they state the sizes in the instruction manual. I don't want to tell you the wrong size.

cheers

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Take a bolt to an Ace Hardware and find an Allen-head replacement. Don't use power tools on those bolts in the future :p

The bolt should be 1/4-28 thread (same as crank end bolt, check to see if it threads). Find a nut and thread it on at the store to be absolutely sure.

As for clutch, I got my 4G replacement clutch at bicycle-engines.com, but they are pretty much out of everything right now. You might look around at Staton-Inc.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
That style isn't ideal, and both sizes listed there are too short. The body needs to be about an inch long.

I posted a pic of one of my 4G screws, I bought them at Ace in 2010. It's best to take the screw with you so you can be sure it's the same size.
Quenton once said not all Huashengs have 1/4-28 screws. I don't know if I believe him or not, but he deals with a lot more HS engines than I do.

And well, Chinese manufacturing isn't always consistent.

Attachments

darkhawk9

Aug 4, 2012
carlsbad
sorry to clarify things make sure im buying the right bolts its the 4 bolts that hold on the tranmission and also the engine bolt (flat head bolts) so i want to replace those with allens right.i read over my last post sorry about that

darkhawk9

Aug 4, 2012
carlsbad
i dont know if im doing something wrong im fairly new with this and all but i got the mac-carr bushings and had to hammer it in with some lube and it will spin with the clutch drum but the engine is catching the clutch drum and spining it and its not freewheeling like the old bushing .so insted of the clutch grabing it its grabing its self with the bolt. i dont know how much looser i can make it i put it finger tight. Thanks for all the help again guys (tranmission is not installed yet again)i dont know if that has anything to do with it

Last edited:

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
Sounds like you don't have enough space between the end of the shaft and the end-bolt washer. There's supposed to be a spacer and washer in there.

Also, the clutch drum will spin quite a bit with engine running if you do not have the transmission installed and chains hooked up.