Super Titan XC50S power loss

GoldenMotor.com

TYJesus

Jul 11, 2012
Walla Walla, WA
I have about 50 miles on the Super Titan XC50S and it doesn't pull the hills like it use to 20 miles ago? Does anybody know of anything I should check?

The motor seems to be running okay. I thought it was a little smoother but nothing dramatic.

Could it be the clutch? I am getting use to this centrifugal clutch. The bike is high geared, but I ALWAYS pedal first gear speed before I turn on the throttle, so I wouldn't think it would be that.

TYJesus

Jul 11, 2012
Walla Walla, WA
Thanks Aleman.

I am going gold sluicing this weekend, so I'll adjust the valves next week.

And something came loose in the Dax 3:1 gearbox. It sounds like the chain fell off. So something will have to be done there so I can get this thing reliable.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
And something came loose in the Dax 3:1 gearbox. It sounds like the chain fell off. So something will have to be done there so I can get this thing reliable.
Those pocket bike single chain gearboxes are cheap junk and they break
in quite a few ways. I doubt if they can be made reliable.

Try one of the double chain models.

EZ Motorbike is now making an adapter so you can use the tapered shaft
motor with a Q Matic but it's going to cost you.
Unless someone imports more Grubee 4 G trans for your motor that is about
your only choice.

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
i keep stretching the 25 chain in my dax box.....so im buying the best 25 chain i can find and seeing if that helps...duanes boxes are awesome except for the chain...you probably need to rough up /deglaze your drum on the gearbox...i glaze mine frequently...i live in the rockieskinda hard to avoid....my best suggestion would be to keep your eyes peeled for a honda type 4g...my titan sits on the shelf untill i find one....ive got a 4g on my hs and love it so far...but the lack of power out of the hs makes me miss my titan

get your valves right...take some 400 grit paper to your drum...should be better...good luck and happy motoring

TYJesus

Jul 11, 2012
Walla Walla, WA
Okay. Thank you guys.

I'll get the drum 400 gritted.
Adjust the valves.
And I guess I'll be trying to get the gearbox chain right. And be looking at the Q-matic. I should have just bought a polini with some gears. Maybe later, for now I'll get this Titan to work. I would sure like a water cooled 50cc polini 4 stroke with four gears. mmmmmm

Is There much horsepower loss with the Q-matic?

TYJesus

Jul 11, 2012
Walla Walla, WA
Update:

I checked the valves. They were and are right on.

I changed the oil and there was some colored dust in their. I would think it would be a normal amount for a seating in the engine. Is this right? Or is there usually no metal dust in the first oil change. There is only 50-100 miles on the engine so far. The engine sounds good, like it is running smooth and has power through the entire rpm range.

I got the gearbox all setup with the AGK heavy duty #25 (HA), and everything looked good except when I bolted it on it looked like the clutch bellhousing was cockeyed just a bit, which would mean that if the clutch is straight it would wear at an angle. I don't see that as a problem as long as it doesn't chatter or glaze the housing. Per the recommendation, I did 400 grit inside the clutch housing.
I did believe I got the small bearing to line up on the cover that supports the bellhousing sprocket shaft to be straight. hmmmmmmm but it was crooked unless the tension of the jackshaft chain was able to straighten it. I am not holding my breath but took it for a test drive and it ran decent. I still think I hear a bit of a low noise like the clutch is not grabbing like it could be. This is where I think I can gain some more power.

So my question is in regards to the clutch. Do I try to straighten that bellhousing? Or do I see if the clutch will wear into it well?

Thanks again for all your help guys.

TYJesus

Jul 11, 2012
Walla Walla, WA
Can anyone picture: An old spring style seat and the rear fender rotated and cut off so it ends right behind the seat? And how about making that idle pulley to look good. And I haven't yet decided on whether to put on the bent springer and keep these handle bars or add a mountain bike triple tree with mb handle bars turned over for the vintage look. And if I get REAL radical, then I think a morini would look really really good in there with the shift kit!!! mmmmmmfun! TYJ

Attachments