OCC bike finished

GoldenMotor.com

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Real clean build! Great paint job. Would like to see a front brake on it.

Last edited:

Bike Monster

Jun 4, 2010
Conneticut
I am doing an occ for the first time and i am having a problem with the chain tensioner ( i cant spell that can i lol) yours looks great how did you do it?

Toffa

Mar 1, 2011
Australia
How did you offset the engine so the chain wouldn't rub the wheel? I wanna make one but this is my biggest setback. Please show pictures and diagrams aswel as descriptions:-||

Chopperdude4

Dec 26, 2009
NC
Hey guys! thanks for replys! It will go about 20-25 mph, not to fast but I still enjoy it. the acceleration is pretty good.

For the answer to your question Toffa, I used Barry's motor mount and pipe which I got off ebay. I tried to make my own but it didn't go to well. Barry makes great stuff. Just search on ebay occ motor mount.

For the chain tensioner I didn't use the bolts that came with the kit, I used 2 1/2 inch bolts and put rubber around the frame where the tensioner is, then I sandwiched the frame and rubber with the chain tensioner. ( see in pic) sorry the pic is small, I'm still learning. Hope this helps!!

Attachments

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
i just ordered the motor mount and chain adjusters...how bad is the pipe in the way...stock one? is it something that a a torch and some finesse cant handle? sound laws are getting strict in some areas out here and not sure if the barry pipe is gonna be quiet enough...looks cool as **** though

Bike Monster

Jun 4, 2010
Conneticut
The "thunder" pipe is very loud lol but if you wanted to you could heat up your stock pipe and bend it or, Barry can take the exhaust and put it on a longer pipe sort-of like the thunder pipe but a lot quieter

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
probably just bust out the mapp gas for now....thanks for the info.....motor mount is scheduled to arrive thurs or fri...im buggin lolxct2 also gonna talk to my boss about lending me his mini mig hehehe

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
came out sweet man sucks having to offset the motor tho. How does it drive is it heavy on the left? I one day will build the one i have sitting here. I've already built 2 so Thats why i'm in no rush. I like it looks clean

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
so ive got another question....what is your pedal gearing? after riding my first mb...mtb style i was wondering how you get enough speed to pop the clutch and such....or does anyone make a centrifigal clutch for the 2 strokes?.cs.