carb wont fit in my frame

GoldenMotor.com

kbazzy

Aug 1, 2014
Dearborn
I finished my bike and I tried to put my carb on and the only way it goes on is side ways and it starts to leak gas. I know you can buy a elbow/extender but I don't know from where. Please I really need help. Will PVC work:-||

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I have seen but not tried rubber hose to offset the carb, you can also buy the offset intake manifold from one of the vendors on the sides of this page or off ebay .

Mozenrath

Jan 13, 2011
California
I had the same problem and ended up just trimming the intake neck a centimeter or two to get it to fit. I had no engine issues as a result.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Pictures always help. Someone else may have the same engine and frame as you and have the perfect solution. We shouldn't have to guess what engine you have. We assume it is a China girl, but you could be talking about a four stroke for all we know. Best not to assume anything.
SB

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I got mine to fit by using a shorty intake, then had to trim the stock air filter to get it to fit in there... Here's an older set of pics where I was using a CNS carb with an offset air filter duct, this gave me the clearance I needed but I ended up going back to the stock carb since it worked a lot better...

Here's a pic with the stock carb and I was going to put on one of those K&N type filters but it wouldn't fit, I ended up using a standard NT carb air filter but had to trim a little off the top back corner of the filter housing to get it to fit without touching anything else...

Kinda hard to see since I have no close ups of the stock air filter installed, but you can see where it looks like it's touching the top frame tube... there's only about 1/16" clearance if even that, and I had to do some trimming to get it in there... You can see the short intake manifold pretty well tho, this is the only way I had clearance to put the carb inside the frame...

You can try a shorty intake if you would rather keep the carb inside the frame, or you can go with an offset intake which also works. Personally I don't like the offset intakes even tho they are really good for adding momre torque to the engine's output, they do restrict the max rpm to under 6000.

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
I used a piece of rubber hose and a couple hose clamps until I made a legitimate intake. Then again, I have a welder, and that is something most don't have. I used a piece of 90 degree conduit and welded on pieces of the original intake on either end. The conduit is nowhere near the right size, but apparently old handlebars work quite well.

The problem with rubber hose is that it will get soft and deteriorate over a short period of time. Rubber will degrade in the presence of petroleum, unless it has some kind of special inside coating like rubber fuel lines.

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis
I got a "dogleg" intake. It works fine for me, though I had to cut it a little shorter. Nothing is plug and play with these machines