Air/fuel screw

GoldenMotor.com

aaronbentzel

May 2, 2012
York
I was looking on the internet today and over at spookytooth they have a CNS carb for sale that looks like the first photo. Take notice to how there are 2 screws which are adjustable. The rear one is supposed to be the air/fuel screw. So I went down and looked at my CNS carb that looks exactly the same and looked for that same screw but instead mine was just flat with no flathead notch for adjustment. Whats up? Mine is the second photo.

Attachments

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
Thats how the CNS carburetors are coming now, so you cannot adjust them. You got to try to figure out how to pop out the cap on the air/mixture screw. You can make a small cut (Line) threw the middle of the cap, and just unscrew it.

aaronbentzel

May 2, 2012
York
Ok thanks I wasn't sure if that cap was still threaded or not. I am guessing out is more air and in is less? I took the air filter off yesterday and it ran like a sculded dog but when I put it back on it was a 4 stroke nightmare. Considering I cannot run it forever without the air filter, I need a way to adjust the air/fuel ratio. I'll let you know how I make out!

aaronbentzel

May 2, 2012
York
Well, I tried the old pantyhose trick, but that was just as bad as with the air filter. So whatever I put on it needs to be ultra high flow. You think think the SBP one will suffice?

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I've found that the stock black NT filters flow the best after you drill a giant hole in the face of them. (That's what I use on all my fast bikes now)! ;)

Ciro

Jun 18, 2012
Hot Springs, Arkansas
I drilled a hole in that cap and used a small screw driver to pry it out, the cap isn't threaded and turning it won't do anything if you can even get it to turn, don't drill to far or the bit will dig into the screw and tighten it all the way down like mine did before I ever ran it the first time, started easily without the choke but I've had to turn the screw out about 2 turns so far and its still running very rich, which is ok for break in but I'm hoping when I'm done with the 16:1 mix and start with the 32:1 it will be more lean so I'm not going to back it out too far yet

porkchop

Jul 13, 2012
Illinois
hey all,
i have the same CNS carb aaron,the air/fuel screw is blanked off i might try the drill thing.but might wait till break in period is complete.question i have is the 2 vent lines...do you blank those off,or leave them open?i'd be afraid of dirt/dust getting in...maybe i'll look for micro filters & short piece of fuel hose.