Top 10 Hipster Motorcycles

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Huh...never met a poor "hipster". Better read the first few paragraphs of the article- hipster defined.

GREAT article though.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I was very glad to see that motorized bikes got some press on Motorcycle.com. I didn't see electric assisted bikes on the list. Not for hipsters, I guess.

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
I don't agree with all the choices, but 3 out of the 10 are right on target. Motor bicycles are #7.

I would have to whittle the list down to 5 bikes. Gold Wings are never going to be cool, I'm sorry.

1. Motor Bicycles
2. Mopeds
3. Vespas
4. Sportsters
5. Triumph (2 cyl)

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2013/02/21/motorcycle-news/top-10-hipster-motorcycles/
Biknut you broke my heart saying Gold Wings are never going to be cool Ive owned 3 of them and if you ride 8 hrs on a motorcycle there is not many bikes cooler lol

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Not so sure what a hipster is but everything I ride is ‘mo cool cuz’ it’s me on the throttle! My point is no thing is hip. But the inanimate may become hip because of the character that controls said unanimated object.

Example: Superbike hip or not ... parked it’s a sculpture. On the highway being driven by an idiot it’s the most insane looking dangerous death machine man ever put on two wheels. So what is it at the Isle of Man TT?

**Note LabRat is more full of his person than most should imagine – just sayin.

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
I love how they said "Vintage Vespas" and they put a picture of a modern 4 stroke 50cc Vespa on there. Makes me think they don't know what the h3ll they are talking about...

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Seems like Hipster is a very nebulous term. I've never actually met anyone that could accurately define a Hipster. Someone told me it started on the west coast.

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
I think it's interesting that the article keeps referring to Hipsters as people to have tons of money and trust funds. I think the people or "hipsters" at least the ones in the article are people that are taking the old and making it new and usable and not often spending tons of money to do it. Some if not a lot of the bikes they show are at the low end of the money spectrum. Old Honda's, Scooters, Mopeds, Motorized Bicycles, Ural, even the Harley Sportster. All of these are on the low end as far as money is concerned. The trend is economical transportation that you can make your own whether it's building it, modifying it etc... Sorry soapbox

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Except they don't do that, they pay for it to be done. Like I said, MOST of them don't know which end of a screwdriver to hold onto.
They don't do it to preserve the old, they do it because "it's hip to have a vintage/odd motorcycle" hence the word "hipster".

Also, since when are Sportsters/Urals/Goldwings/Royal Enfields/Vintage bikes low end bikes?