Stole one of my freakin` bikes

GoldenMotor.com

donb4103

Oct 7, 2011
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Yes I did. I even gave them the serial number of the motor. I give all of my motors a serial number that I just make up and etch them in the bottom of the block. I think everyone should do that just in case. You never know,it might just help.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
... I want hidden lojack gps locator for the bike... Someone needs to invent that, or even some sort of transmittor receiver setup you could drive around with and listen for a signal....
I'm not sure how they do it here (and I'm not about to volunteer to find out ;)) but in addition to the bait car program they have here there is also a 'bait bike' program. On motorcycles etc it can work, I'm not sure if it would adapt to a bicycle platform. I'm wondering how they'd track it myself, perhaps something that could go into a seat tube or into the handlebars? The frame itself is an adequate antenna. If it was an object like a fake light, someone would steal it first (and try to sell it to you a block away). Maybe they could use RFIDs and detection points. *shrugs*
My wife used to work for a place that did GPS fleet tracking, and the company I work for has it on the trucks.. The version her company used was about the size of an old VHS or Beta tape (remember those?) and vanished into the dashboard somewhere from below. The ones on our trucks are external, about the size of a coffee can.

Of course, if you carry a cell phone blocker you can disable a number of these things temporarily, depending on the style/model of unit. Some go to the satellite, others use the cell phone network.

Last edited:

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Sorry you lost such a sweet bike, lets hope it was some local lowlife and it turns up riding around town. That's one thing about a bike like that, really easy to spot!
Security cameras are good, but I want hidden lojack gps locator for the bike... Someone needs to invent that, or even some sort of transmittor receiver setup you could drive around with and listen for a signal....
Remember the one the guy had on "No country for old men"? Something like that you mean right? That would be awesome .

See the problem for me having something like that is when I catch the guy that stole the bike .. even if its the guy that bought it for $150 bucks off some crack head "because that's what they all say when they get caught" regardless the poor guy is gonna take a beating .