Man take a look at these prices

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
If it has wheels and an engine and will go at least 25MPH I'm pretty much in.......!

I just love to ride and enjoy the wind in my face and the chance to get out and enjoy God's creation without having to be straped into a seat........

The money saved on fuel is a nice part of it also.

My scoot is made in China and has the Honda Clone GY6 150cc engine, it's good on gas and loads of fun to ride...

My MB's are all made in China accept for my old USA made MTB and the engines are very cheap china throwed together rough alum/whatever alloy and I have had a blast with them as well even though I could have bought another scoot for what I've probably spent getting those three MB engines to be half way reliable.

In my opinion neither the China scoots or the China girl Bike engines are to be taken to seriously in the reliabilty area because that will just set one up for a let down, the quality is bad on one and just so so pretty good on the other and they are both meant for a fun hobby for us fellas who enjoy tinkering and playing with something that doesnt cost us an arm & a leg.....

Now on the Bobber for $2000.00 that is one that I have had my eye on as well Go Karts, Mini Bikes, Dune Buggies, Moped Scooters, ATVs :: Buggy Gokart Gokarts Gocart Gocarts Gokart Cart Kart Carts Gocarts Moped Scooter Minibikes ATV has several of the Cruiser Bikes and the Heist Chopper which cost a bit more but I believe the bike is actually built here in the US and it just has the Lifan engine whicch is said to be a very high quality engine... Heck I like all of the rides we have been talking about here and I'd be happy to own any of them.....along side my MB's and scooter........

Peace

vincent713

Jun 2, 2010
Dallas
I've also had my eyes on that 250 bobber, I love the simplicity look of it with modern tech. I also love the fact it's a full size and not those 3/4 size motorcycle. if I was to get it, would I have to get it registered and get insurance? I'm in Dallas TX by the way.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I have a 50cc scooter- it's even got moped-sized 16" spoked wheels and three speeds-

it is definitley faster (but a real dog on climbs!)

I think I'm gonna sell it come spring-

I'm riding my two builds much more for the short utiltarian trips I make-

The scooter needs to be registered- you have to sit behind lines of cars backed up- it's stable, but it feels HEAVY

My MB on the other hand- I'm always shutting down- peddling around traffic at intersections and in parking lots-

if I see interesting garbage- I am "SCAVENGER!"- I shut down and pedal back to take a look-

my MB is much more serviceable- I keep them inside, UPSTAIRS and can change a piston in a half hour-

Yes- while most people will want a scooter- mainly because they don't want to mess with something- AT ALL- and you can find scooters for a couple hundred with nothing more wrong than a gummed up carburetor from non-use- and VERY TYPICAL I might add-

I've really come around to appreciating my MB even more. I'm going as fast as I'd ever care to fall off anything in my late 50's- I raced bicycles for all those years so i'm used to the speed otherwise, and there's no turkeys to fall in front of me! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Last edited:

vincent713

Jun 2, 2010
Dallas
All jokes aside...that 250 bobber for $2k doesn't look like it will hold up well and if you look closely the welds are horrible. The Heist 250 bobber for $3k is a different story, it's made in the USA with a good engine. I would definitely pay the extra grand for a better build bike, it looks better IMO. If I can figure out how difficult it is to get it registered here, I might consider getting it.

vincent713

Jun 2, 2010
Dallas
You're absolutely right it's not made in USA but from all the videos and reviews I've read about this bike, it looks like this bike is pretty solid. I found out it comes with registration papers so now I gotta convince the wife I "need" one.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL Vincent. I'd go with the fuel savings thing first. Then leave pictures around. Woman folk are wonderful people who really do want us to be happy.

Looking at their web page, I turned to carol and said I could make one. She just rolled her eyes. snicker.

Is just plane beautiful

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
That is a suweet lookin' ride Vincent!

Forgive me, but don't think it is made in the USA though. Tha Heist Bobber 250 Motorcycle by Cleveland Cyclewerks

Has a Lifan motor and web page states it is designed in America with a modern engine.

Still would not turn one down.
I know you won't believe me Dan, but I would turn one down. It just doesn't do it for me. But I could build one in no time - a Sportster tank, some Honda parts and a good frame, no sweat. But, I gotta say, I saw something else on that web site I wouldn't mind riding. (heheh)

If I ever get my hands on enough money, I know where to get a full-size Indian 8-valve replicated engine. I can get a repro frame, wheels, & fork. I'd need a custom tank made, and the rest could be rounded up. It might cost more than that bobber, but it would also pump more adrenalin (for me anyway).

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Ya know Allen, I was just looking at the pics again. Ya really could build one for less. I am stuck on the seat and front forks though. I have a MIG and a mill/lathe. I would have to come up with a pipe bender or way. Lots of information on bending here as well as folks who are pros and members to ask.

Dunno, be a really cool project.

LOL at the wut ya would ride. Carol watched one of the vids with me. She said; "Like she knows any thing about MCs" I replied; "But she is smiling and pointing at the bike. Clearly she knows MCs" Almost caught a smack in the back of the head. LOL

I really do want to do a MC build with a roll-cage like we spoke of way back. Would really destroy the look though.

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
For 2 grand i'd buy a nice used Japanese 250cc and never worry about fixing it.

Last edited by a moderator:

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Don't talk much here but read lots. Tom, strange I was looking at the same bike as you. Want one tooooooooo. You guys think the long term quality is there in these units? They look good but will they fall apart later on as say compared to one of the main stream bikes. Sort of like the three wheeled scooter coming out also. gphil

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
id rather have my mtb any day than a crappy scooter, i dont pay tax or insurance or have any need to m.o.t it every 12mts, plus it can get places where a scooter carn't. and its more fun, and its a head turner...lol
Gy6 scoots are awesome bro,,I love motorized bikes,,but the scoots kick butt,,like the guy said its a japanese clone and will thump along at 50 MPH all day long,, that's on a 150 cc.Im planning on getting one from china in a crate and doing all the upgrades like fuel lines,vac lines, electrical connectors,fuse links,belt,variator,air cleaner,ignition,oh man its always good times as long as its got 2 wheels bro :)

Scoots can be cool watch this!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2r53b4UpRM

Good times ....

Tom

Last edited: