How to build your kit in easy to follow 2-4 min clips!

GoldenMotor.com

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Sorry, I couldn't hardly stomach the first two minutes, let alone a second on the second clip. I wouldn't recommend those video's to anyone...well maybe for a general overview, and I mean BASIC GENERAL, but not installing the kit.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I had a PM sent to me..Yes I was very critical of the video clip and for a number of reasons. Please let me explain...

PM sent.....[/QUOTE]For your consideration, without explanation the above seems more insult than constructive criticism.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I couldn't hardly stomach the first two minutes, let alone a second on the second clip. I wouldn't recommend those video's to anyone...well maybe for a general overview, and I mean BASIC GENERAL, but not installing the kit.

Right off the bat, as we all know that the heads are not true and can cause a gasket to blow out. This takes a few minutes to true up a head..NO COST, or very little for sandpaper. I would never recommend taking a engine out of the box and installing it especially drilling a hole in the frame..some get by with it, but not all. Engines are designed for the head to be torqued to specifications another reason for head gasket blow out. And the tools...really, Vice Grips, Needle nose pliers, both a Phillips and slot screwdrivers, 8mm and 10mm socket, ratchet, chain breaker tool, I guess you don't need a drill to mount the throttle, and drill a hole in the frame (which I don't recommend) and drill bits. As far s BASIC installing yes but I wouldn't recommend the clip as a way to visually explain it. I'm sure there are many other items that need to be covered, but for someone especially those that don't understand, or are not familiar with engines, they need to know. I know that I might go overboard on certain basic modifications that keep a engine running basically trouble free, but some really needs to be addressed, coming right out of the box. Look around the forum (as you know) and you can see all the posts about studs striped, thread holes stripped, engine mounts broken, and more. Any reason for that...you know what causes it.

As you can see he didn't put the bike together with only the tools he told you that you would need. That's like we go hunting and I give you a sling shot to kill birds with, that's all you need. But when I go I take a shotgun.

Last edited:

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
i've built so many of these kits that i have lost count of how many. in all that time i have never ever had a blown head gasket. and never check or retorque the head bolts unless it's a motor i'm going to take apart for mods. i think most of the people here who have trouble with head gaskets or striped studs is because they read that they should torque them right out of the box. which in most cases is going to over stress the stud causing all the problems.
if it aint broke don't fix it untill it is.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
i've built so many of these kits that i have lost count of how many. in all that time i have never ever had a blown head gasket. and never check or retorque the head bolts unless it's a motor i'm going to take apart for mods. i think most of the people here who have trouble with head gaskets or striped studs is because they read that they should torque them right out of the box. which in most cases is going to over stress the stud causing all the problems.
if it aint broke don't fix it untill it is.
On my first build..New to these 2 cycle engines, doing my own mechanical work for over 46 years, I thought so also. But NOT with these Chinese no quality junk. Blew the head gasket on my first engine (as it came in the box) in less then 100 miles. Maybe you got lucky.. But if you NEVER blown a head gasket or striped out a stud, or broke a mount then you had magical workers that put yours together. Which I kind of doubt. I bet if we took a poll of those that installed a engine out of the box, and asked how many had problems, with striped threads, blown head gaskets (can't count mounts..that is a installers error) you be surprised. Besides more noobs to these engines, wouldn't think of doing it unless they read it on a forum, or a mechanic. You all keep installing it out of the box, and be prepared to tear it down. You do yours, I'll do mine....to each his own.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
if your going to tighten the head, before you do. double nut the stud and make sure the stud is bottomed out and tight before you torque the head down.
if the stud wasn't inserted all the way and you just tighten the nuts it's likely to strip out.

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
On my first build..New to these 2 cycle engines, doing my own mechanical work for over 46 years, I thought so also. But NOT with these Chinese no quality junk. Blew the head gasket on my first engine (as it came in the box) in less then 100 miles. Maybe you got lucky.. But if you NEVER blown a head gasket or striped out a stud, or broke a mount then you had magical workers that put yours together. Which I kind of doubt. I bet if we took a poll of those that installed a engine out of the box, and asked how many had problems, with striped threads, blown head gaskets (can't count mounts..that is a installers error) you be surprised. Besides more noobs to these engines, wouldn't think of doing it unless they read it on a forum, or a mechanic. You all keep installing it out of the box, and be prepared to tear it down. You do yours, I'll do mine....to each his own.
Did you buy an engine from us?
I highly doubt it. If you had, and there was a problem with it, I'm sure you would have called me (805-637-1746) and talked to me about it, and we would have taken care of you. So please don't lump me and my products in with your bad experiences with Chinese engines. These videos are designed with the beginner in mind, who get a kit and install it in their garage. This is not a 'do every little trick to make the build as complicated as possible' kind of video series. It's a visual guide designed to complement our instructions (full color photos) that come in out kits.

In the years I've been selling engines, I've NEVER had ONE return. These are the best quality engines coming out of China, and we stand behind the product. The end user can choose to sand the freaking head down, but 99% want to get the bike motorized as fast as possible, with the lease amount of fuss. So like you said "You do yours, I'll do mine....to each his own."
Don't talk badly about a product you have ZERO experience with. That makes you ignorant, and quite frankly, with all due respect, the kind of person nobody wants to get information from. An uninformed, pretentious know it all. What a hypocrite. Pretty shameful if you ask me.