Gas Tank

GoldenMotor.com

aero07

Oct 12, 2009
Alabama
I've seen alot of good looking bikes here. I would like to try and build a Indian board track
replica. Looks like most are built on workman frames. I know where I can get most all
of the parts. But can anyone tell me where I can find a rounded gas tank
like the ones on the Indians and Cyclones that I have seen ?

dmar836

Jun 23, 2009
KC
Aero,
These board track racers are handmade. Of those that have written me with similar projects, 100% are hand fabricated. As for frames, there may be a few based on the Worksman, like that one green Harley, but most are highly modified frames or home built all together.
A board track styled tank to fit a Worksman is a common question from what I've seen on here.
Good luck!
Dave
KC

aero07

Oct 12, 2009
Alabama
Thanks for the response. I was just tring to find out where I could get a tank.
If I have to put that much time into handmaking one, I think I will go a step farther
and put a more reliable motor on it.

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
ACME labs is working a tank for the Worksman Paperboy (stock). The molds have been made just some tweaking and shipping the tank back and forth from Ohio to Florida to get it just right.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
That's awesome (acme). I'm makin' a tank for my worksman. Don't know if i'm ready to make a product out of it but we'll see.
If, however, you need a 4 stroke motor mt for your worksman let me know!

dmar836

Jun 23, 2009
KC
Maybe one day soon I'll get a Worksman and design a tank. I want to build a "vintage motorcycle" for my wife and I'd sure like to start in the middle instead of from drawings!
Dave
KC