2ND 1920's inspiried boardy, 2stroke model

GoldenMotor.com

damonjackson_spl

Dec 2, 2008
Hoebart Australia
Hi Guys,

just finished my 2nd boardtracker, finally got the geometry right for a bigger lad such as myself 6"2' and 100kg!!

custom 27" road frame, lengthened and lowered, custom 4litre fibreglass fuel tank, 66cc motor, tuned exhaust, bigger carby jet, built in chain tensioner, front Avid V-brake, alloy rear rack with old school pannier bags..

very fun riding position!!

anyway here are the pics

enjoy

Attachments

marair23

Oct 8, 2009
Reading,Pa
[Hi, I'm a newbie trying to build my first boardtracker. Can you tell me what your wheel base? And where did you get the tank? Thanks marair23.

damonjackson_spl

Dec 2, 2008
Hoebart Australia
[Hi, I'm a newbie trying to build my first boardtracker. Can you tell me what your wheel base? And where did you get the tank? Thanks marair23.

i'll measure the wheel base tonight..

the tank I made from fibreglass and MDF,

however the fuel seems to be breaking down the resin and causing some headaches so I am making a steel one atm, using a 90x90x2.0 column from my building site, weld a cap onto the end and tapered the other end (seat post end) for a well sealed and non corrosive fuel tank!!

i much prefer steel as fuel cock and fuel filler will eb 100 times easier to fabricate and painting will eb a breeze!!!

will get pics soon, next one i'll try using tube for the fuel tank..

marair23

Oct 8, 2009
Reading,Pa
Do you have any pics of how you made your tank? I have a friend that works at a Yamaha Dealer, he got me a kit, that once I find my tank I pour the mixture in the tank swirl it around and it makes a rubber bladder in the tank. I have also thought of using automotive valve covers to make my tank.Do you have any thoughts on those ideas??? Thanks marair23

dmar836

Jun 23, 2009
KC
Good idea. Take two old "Ford" script valve covers, cut off the flanges and weld a strip down the middle. I would almost suggest cutting the sides off the covers as they have grooves for the mounting bolts - just make the middle strip wider. Plug the oil fill and breather holes well! The slanted ford covers might be a little more angled than the 73 or so degree head and seat tubes but sure a closer match than many DIY tanks.
JMO
Dave
KC

marair23

Oct 8, 2009
Reading,Pa
The tank idea I got walking through the Fall Hershey Antique Car Show a few weeks ago. The price of gas tanks (mini bike,small engine,etc.) is sky high! Just look at ebay also! I looked at early chevy valve covers, I asked the vendor and he said $5 a pair, took me 5 seconds too get my money out! This Idea, also, if you use each side of the valve covers as a separate tank! The valve cover I got has baffles in it. This I see also a good thing. Since they are steel (the older ones) they should be able to be welded or brazed. Yes, there is work involved but HEY, that is what this hobby is all about!!! -marair23