Hi from WinterPark Colorado

GoldenMotor.com

Bamajama

Mar 2, 2009
Rocky Mountains, Colorado
Hi all!

Lets see. I got an old cruiser with an in frame china kit a few years ago, just for fun. Now I'm looking for something a bit more serious. Thinking a two stroke 2.2hp with chain drive to put on my mountain bike. Beyond that I have no idea which way to go. I've been looking over this site for weeks and can't seem to come to any conclusion. I'm at high altitude (8,500-9,500ft), lots of hills, and about 30mi each way to work. I NEED HELP!!
Any ideas would be appreciated.fly

Look forward to talking to you all!

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Welcome to the forums.

Winter Park, nice little town. I'd love to live in a town like that if I didn't need to actually show up to my job :)

You could probably try to "hop up" your China kit a bit, and use a Shift Kit to deal with those hills....just a thought. The Morini motor would probably be a good bet for those hills though.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Bama,
Welcome to the forum. We always like to see more Colorado representation. If you're ever down here in the flats look us up.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do and Jasonh's suggestion of exploring the use of the shift kit is a good one. I'm curious about what you're using for a rear sprocket now. With those hills around WP you could probably get away with a 48 to 52T Keep in touch. How does the engine do at that altitude?
Tom

Bamajama

Mar 2, 2009
Rocky Mountains, Colorado
My cruiser is in pieces unfortunately, so I haven't used it since I moved up here from the front range. I really don't know what the altitude will do to the thing. You think the china is still viable for a daily commuter up here?

And thanks for the feedback!

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
My Titan kit on Cronus,my Schwinn cruiser does rather well on the hills with a 48 tooth sprocket. On the steep stuff I SHORTENED my cranks by swapping out from a kiddie bike and this actually helps to keep momentum with the engine and I don't need to raise my legs so much and I can lower my seat so I look cool you gotta look cool.
You'll do alright with the Titan seeing you have chain drive in mind.

donuts31

Nov 9, 2008
Colorado
I China HT engine with a shifter kit, tuned pipe, and aftermarket Dellorto carb would be all you need. I have a cabin just outside winter park and will be doing a ton of riding on my MB this sunmmer..can't wait!