Does anyone make a crank for your feet....

GoldenMotor.com

lordbucket

Jun 12, 2014
Earth
Where one side folds backwards and locks into place. Think of it like cruiser foot pegs or something. You wouldnt have to cock one leg up, it would be more like motorcycle foot plates but you can revert back to pedal power. You could make both pedals face downward, or the same direction if that makes sense..

Last edited:

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
I don't think locking em in the down position would be safe at all. You would easily "pogostick" your bike in a turn and as a result warp the rear wheel or even lay the whole thing down.

If you want even footrests, get a motorcycle or scooter!

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I think the reason nobody makes a crank with a folding leg (arm) is because they cannot make one that is durable. We put a lot of torque on those cranksets.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
if you're not pedaling at all, you can get a 3 piece crankset, put them both parallel with the chainstays, and tighten down your bottom bracket so they don't spin.
That's more of what I would do... remove the cranks and put footpegs down there either by removing the arms from a 3 piece and making an extension for pegs or just remove the crank all together and make a solid bar to go thru and accept a set of foot pegs. the only thing is if you do this in the wrong state or city those law enforcement type can call your bike a motorcycle and they may expect it to be registered, ensured, and you to have a motorcycle license so check your local laws and how or if they're enforced before going that route.

Personally, having the pedals down there don't bother me and the ability to get that extra ground clearance when needed is really nice and a good reason to keep the pedals intact.