0ne of my all electic bikes

GoldenMotor.com

Jack Riggi

Aug 25, 2013
Indian Rocks Beach fl.
I have 3 all electic scooter, Ebike & 1all electric Goldwing motorcycle that I've named the Green Thang! Need some advice about tickets I have got in the last year that's going to a jury trial Sept 19 2013. Over 8 tickets on my extreme 2012 ebike scooter. Will post pictures later of other bike . I tryed 3 time to post but said I was not loged on when I was wasted 1 hour of trying so this is short. Nice to be a member of this group now looking forward to using this site to try to learn more about electic vehicle's

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
hi jack and welcome to the forum. would love to see some pictures of your motorized electric bicycles. wish i could help you but i am not sure about Florida laws. from what i understand they are more lenient on electric bicycles then gas powered bicycles

mkatt4x4

Aug 30, 2013
Canada
Wow thats a lot of tickets, and to go to a jury trial is quite something, I never heard of that, must be an American thang. What are the tickets for?

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
...I tryed 3 time to post but said I was not loged on when I was wasted 1 hour of trying so this is short. Nice to be a member of this group now looking forward to using this site to try to learn more about electic vehicle's
If you're gettin' logged out automatically before you can finish a post, try ticking this check mark;

...and welcome to the place of course, lookin' forward to seein' those pics lol ;)

mkatt4x4

Aug 30, 2013
Canada
You know around my parts here in Canada EH!!!!, all non-vehicle related tickets you can go in for a bit without paying no money out of your pocket. Plus you can always ask for more time to pay if the amount is large enough in the judges eyes given your "story", plus you can work it off on a chain gang type thing (highway cleanup) but the amount is minimum wage, in which case its better to go in for a bit, which works out to $160/day. Be sure to bring canteen money because around my parts we starve on the Alberta trays. Good luck, wish you the best.

mkatt4x4

Aug 30, 2013
Canada
Interesting tickets. Well the law is the law, and I think most places its 500W and some provinces/states allow for more wattage. Engines are 50cc's and a certain speed limit of 30kmh. This brings us to the next situation. Did they seize your ride at the time of writing you these tickets? To inspect the "vehicle", the serial numbers and the capacities (watts/cc's and speed) If no, they didnt seize your ride, then thats good - in your favor. If yes, they did seize your ride then thats is very bad.

So the license plate (no tags) thing might stick. In which case if you need a license plate you would also need registration with a personal automobile license of a certain class and perhaps even insurance. So then that might lead to a no insurance ticket, which in my province is a $2750 fine or 44 days in jail and they give you a year to pay, the second no insurance fine within a year the fine amount is at the judges discretion. Its not unheard of for a $10,000 no insurance fine for a second offence within the same year. Thats in Alberta Canada.

Stop sign, might stick. But its the judges discretion to throw it out, or reduce the $$$$

Peddles, you can get away with because I doubt the cop that wrote that ticket is a licensed automobile inspector, if that sticks they need a real safety automobile safety inspector to come in. Hence what I mentioned earlier about them siezing your ride.

Anyway, I would only suggest you get a lawyer, heck even a paralegal (traffic) lawyer might work to get the lowest amount of fines possible and a few thrown out. Come up with a good "story"

These tickets might even represent demerits points. I really dont know.