Police took my bike away

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
There is a woman out there somewhere, who after hitting me and my family head on while she was in a drunken stupor, went to court, got fined and her license suspended and still drives to this day. She never paid her fines or restitution to us. We paid every penny we had to pay bills and stay afloat finacially.

Why am I posting this? If you owe money for something you did, pay it off and stop putting it off. You "did the crime" now "do the time".

Do you think the cop has a personal vendetta aginst you? **** no! He KNOWS you owe money and aren't paying and he's going after you like he should.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
are there any lawyers or judges using a motorized bicycle for transport? I guess not...

Respectfully I say- it's not about the bike....it's about the law and obligations to pay a debt to society so to speak.

If the cops know someone, and that someone owes a bunch of money and is riding around on a new bike, what would you logicly expect to happen?

xPosTech

The Old Master Motorized Bicycle Builder
Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
It wouldn't surprise me if the OP had been warned in a previous stop to stop riding his MB or it would be seized. Maybe even more than once.

As Officer Buford P. Justice once said "a total disregard for the law".

I wish you luck, toytime. And lots of prayers.

Ted

Motormac

Sep 23, 2008
Ontario Canada
I thought these bikes were legal in Ontario, without need for a driver license!

-Brenton
No Brenton you have to have a M classification licence to ride a moped or motorized bike in Ontario.
This guy with the $12,500 fine, this has nothing to do with his M.B other than the fact he was caught while riding it, he could have been on a boat or a snowmobile it would have been the same thing.
He screwed up by not paying his fines that were automotive related from long ago.
He will just have to walk or pedal thats all there is to it.
I live 1/2 hour away from him in another small town and the cops here are freindly and nice, so he has other problems with the police.

CalgarysFool

Aug 30, 2008
Hey 'Mac,

Thanks for the info regarding the Class M requirement.

Well, I hope our original poster can sort this all out so he can get back to riding again.

-Brenton

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
To answer an earlier question- I am a lawyer- have been for 10 years. I do not work for any government and I have never been a police officer. I am in private practice.

I see no injustice here. I get more than a little tired of the "why don't you go arrest the murders, etc." 'argument'. If you are aware of a gathering of such dire criminals where the police officer can make such arrests, please let him know.

We have a guy with 20+ charges and not $12,500 in fine, but his last 2 charges of $12,500 each and total fines, according to him, of over $150,000 ($1,000 per month for 13 years).

He continued to ride illegally. This is one of those places where you cannot ride if your license is suspended. His apparently is.

If I were a policeman in his area and knew that there was someone who had so blatant a disregard for law as him, I would keep an eye out for him too.

Y'know, most people, the overwhelming majority, do not have these problems. Why? Because they do not make these problems for themselves. You cannot blame the police for this. I've been driving for 21 years. In that time: 4 or 5 stops, 4 tickets given, 2 tickets dismissed and 2 paid. The first ticket was in 1988, the second in 1990, then I went until 2007 before I got another one. Anybody can do this. Most people I know have less tickets than I do.

Write all the letters you want, but with that record, why would....should, anyone listen?

Harsh words...sorry about that, but I calls 'em as I sees 'em.

Last edited:

noob

Sep 26, 2008
Phoenix
i agree that this guy dug himself a grave and laid down in it... but i would like to share my run-ins with the po-lice. 2 weeks ago i was going down a small street in phoenix called coral gables and my headlight had died. drove past a man-hunt and a renegade cop decided i could be who they were looking for... lol. he precede to "inform" me that mb's are illegal in phoenix and i was getting all of these random tickets. THEN i pulled out my copy of the ARS : )
shut that dumb cop right up.

then a week later in my little development i got pulled over for the same reason. guess who steps out of the SUV?? lol the same cop. he was really cool this time though and gave me no troubles.. probably felt like an a**h*** for the way he treated me.

if you live in az keep the ARS with you at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.