Copper pipe fuel tank

GoldenMotor.com

BROWNRIDER

Jul 28, 2012
Plymouth,MA
for my bike i am thinking about making a double cylinder copper fuel tank out of two 2inch by 1ft pipe pieces, braze caps on and have a Y in the fuel line connecting them, has anyone ever done something like this? Any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated
:-||

BROWNRIDER

Jul 28, 2012
Plymouth,MA
crappy china tank holds less and leaks out the cap.
well thats good to know, should be enough to get me around town as long as i dont go to far. i remember seeing these metal water bottles but for fuel that you could carry around, any one ever use one?

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
redo the math ... a small water bottle holds 500 ml
you saying 2 x 1 foot pieces of 2 inch tube only holds 1/2 a small water bottle ?
That should hold about 1.5 liters .. about .4 gallons

If you are using all standard copper plumbing pipe fittings , regular solder should work , because everything fits tight to begin with .

goog

Sep 16, 2012
Ct.
Picture came out when I clicked on. Looks like a H.F. motor.They can drink abit of gas clipping along.Eye-balling your tank I wouldn't stray to far from home.Could you cut in some wider threaded steel pipe with copper adapters?Like what you have done so far.

goog

Sep 16, 2012
Ct.
I call it b.i. or black iron but it's really Steel.Used for boilers and things.Can reduce down from say 2 inch to what you got 3/4. Any big box store has them.