Felt cruiser project

GoldenMotor.com

jim_himself

May 5, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Well i just ordered this awesome felt cruiser (pictured below, the really new looking one) and don't know what to do with it engine wise. I want lots of low end and mid end power, but don't need huge amounts of top end. My current bike, (the silver mountain bike), has a gp460 engine that is just too loud and lacks low end, despite being able to pull me over 50mph. Im looking to find out what i should do as far as engines go, i was thinking a shift kit since it has a three speed hub. Definitely going to be in frame though. Thanks in advance for any help.
-jimmy

Attachments

jim_himself

May 5, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Well its here now and the thing is beautiful. My only complaint is that the drum brake has zero stopping power. I cant decide what to do as far as the engine and i am open to suggestions.

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
Well i just ordered this awesome felt cruiser (pictured below, the really new looking one) and don't know what to do with it engine wise. I want lots of low end and mid end power, but don't need huge amounts of top end. My current bike, (the silver mountain bike), has a gp460 engine that is just too loud and lacks low end, despite being able to pull me over 50mph. Im looking to find out what i should do as far as engines go, i was thinking a shift kit since it has a three speed hub. Definitely going to be in frame though. Thanks in advance for any help.
-jimmy
hey man did you forge ahead with the felt? great bikes. VMB uses them primarily. I have a question- I want to put a 460 on a beach cruiser and frame mount the engine. no one seems to have done this. probably reasons. you state a lack of low end. have you tried a 56 tooth rear sprocket? and was it easy to put a "large chain" sprocket on the engine?