Bicycle Motor Choke

GoldenMotor.com

Bmonette8385

Mar 11, 2011
Orange County, CA
So I'm searched around the threads and haven't been able to find exactly the answer I'm looking for. I'm a bit confused. Lets say(because I don't know the choke in/out part) with my filter off I see the little hole with the pin in it for the choke. I put the choke lever to it most slack position and the pin is down. with the choke lever pulled to its most taught position the pin is up. from what i can gather, with the pin down, it stops air from going into the hole. Or does it create a venturi and pull some "extra" fuel? I have to pull the pin( clutch level taught) when I go up hills. don't know if that will help. I'm open to any and all feed back! Thanks guys!

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Which carb do you have? If it is a cns with a choke lever on the handle bar the lever opening adds more fuel to enrich the mixture.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
A choke is actually going to restrict the airflow coming in.

Honestly, I'd say it's acting that way because the CNSv2 carbs need completely overhauled most of the time day one.

Generally, it's because of an air leak where it goes on the intake, but there's a lot of things that can go wrong with those buggers.

oldsub

Dec 9, 2010
Victoria
I assume your using a CNS carb, and if your's is like the ones I got. You have a small lever on your handle bars or elsewhere. Which I will call "choke control" from now on. There is a cable hooked to the choke control with a wire cable inside of it, hook to the control lever.
Answer to your question
If the lever is pushing in the wire cable, it is close off the choke. If it is pulling out the cable, it is opening the choke system to give the system more gas to help you start or whatever.
The choke system, using air from a small hole in the air filters body, and using again the principle of an orifice will take gas from the float control bowl. The air and gas will travel down a passage in the carb's body and enters the main venturi tube just pass the high speed barrel, back into the main air/gas stream.

The choke system is a part of the carburetor, but it is separate system and is on its own.

Another thing, there is a small screw in the center of the choke control. This thing will come loose and needs tighting quit regularly.

Nice talking to you

oldsub

Last edited: