opti 2

GoldenMotor.com

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
Well i did some searches on my keyboard and couldnt find this stuff in Australia anywhere. So i got some from you guys!
I found some samples on ebay.com 3bucks ish each + freight = 10 bucks to my door in 4 working days!, i just dunno about the 100:1 bit, i got the 1 raised eyebrow look from my mechanic mate so i reckon 75:1 but stuff all difference i guess.

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
I run mine 100:1. I run the little packages like your picture to 1.3 (U.S) gallons.My chopper I switched over from a different oil.My jackshaft bike has been running opti2 from day one.I think it runs the best at 100:1. When I first started running it in my chopper I was just like you.I ran it at about 80:1 and oil was dripping out of my tailpipe.Just go with a 100:1 ........your going to end up there anyways.The package can be a little difficult to read on the mixture.It says 1 package to 1 liters of gas.! 1 liters of gas equals 1.3 U.S gallons. Hope this helps. There has been pages after pages on this subject.All I can say is i run it 100:1 and will never go with anythingelse in any two strokes I own (weedeaters,blowers, ect...).

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Toker is right, run it at 100:1 that is what it is designed for. If you try 75:1 it will definitly be to rich. Some of us have tested it over a couple thousand miles and it works best at the recomemded mixture. I use it at 100:1 in all my 2 stroke engines no matter what mixture the manufacture calls for.

John

TandocTools

Nov 24, 2009
KS
I've read the big Opti2 thread and I want to use it, but I'd like to hear more about Opti2 specific break-in. Should you use the 100:1 mix from mile 1 and baby the engine for a few hundred miles or just go nuts and ride it like you stole it?

Prasinos

Dec 1, 2008
California
Rip it hard, the piston rings will seat best under maximum torque. Especially in the first 20 min or so of riding, you want to go up lots of hills and accelerate often. The only no no is going downhill with engine engaged, other than that, as long as nothing comes loose, wot all day.

some guys break in with opti-2, but i normally go with a non synthetic mixed at 32:1. Less lubrication allows the rings to seat much better. After you switch to synthetic youl notice a huge difference in smoothness and power.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i broke mine it at about 80:1 for 2 tanks, then went to 100:1. mostly because i was nervous.

i also ran it flat out from the start, and never even noticed a break-in period.

next bike's getting 100:1 right from the first tank.

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I got a call today from one of the guys at the main office for Opti-2 in Blain, Washington. Those guys are All about customer service. Ended up talking for about 20 min. on the phone.
I had a question about whether it was synthetic or not. As of 2008 it is a synthetic blend. I just wanted to clarify that to a friend of mine. Any way you look at it, I love the stuff, and think I will buy a gallon with the new little pump they have that fits the gallon jug and pumps out exactly the right amount for a 1 gallon mixture, no measuring, no mess.

John

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
Well i have been on here long enough to know you guys know what your talkin about so 100:1 it is, though i should have ordered more! 10 litres will last about 2 1/2 weeks.
Thankyou all.

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
Ok so im lookin at the lil oil pouch i got and it say add contents to 1 gallon or 5 liters.
ive had a lil to drink so im really frying my brain with this. 1 US gallon = 3.78liters

On the front of the pouch it says 1.8oz -50mill, right!

50milliliters to 5 liters =100:1
1.8oz to 1 gallon, 3.78liters =75:1?

is there another gallon?

Edit i just read tokers post seems opti's packaging is out to get the unsuspecting American

Last edited:

wildemere

Feb 12, 2008
Newcastle
"more oil is more power untill the plug fouls".

-Gordon Jenings-

Please prove me wrong with your mineral, castor or synthetic oil tests...

100:1 with any oil is asking for a lockup with an aircooled motor.

50:1 is borderline with the best available oil.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Got over 500 miles on Opti-2 at 100:1, I ride mostly WOT and my engine's never ran better.

Don't knock it until you've tried it. :D

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i installed a brand new motor a few weeks ago. i cleaned it up and hot-rodded it, then filled it up and rode 70+ miles in one day at full throttle, without the effects of the dreaded "break-in" period's sluggishness.

when i installed the motor, i needed fuel, and all i had left of my Opti-2 supply was a little 2oz bottle i keep with me in case i run out of gas (it's a hotel shampoo bottle, in case you're wondering.) so i got my 2 gallon can, mixed it up and rode off into the sunset.

two days ago, i went to get some more opti-2, mixed up a batch, and re-filled my little bottle.

turns out, that my little bottle is only a little over ONE ounce.

so, i've been running for 2 weeks at full throttle at speeds i can't post because you won't believe me and for hours at a time on a mixture of almost 200:1.

that's TWO HUNDRED TO ONE, in case you missed it the first time.

my plug looks perfect and there's no damage whatsoever to the engine, at least visibly (and ride-wise, either.)

i love Opti-2. seriously. it friggen rules.

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
try US2 oil.com its made by the same manurfacturer in washington...same stuff as opti2...i've got both...there the same...Dennis

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
1 liters of gas equals 1.3 U.S gallons.
That is wrong.
One US gallon equals 3.785 liters
One liter equals .264 US gallons
Metric conversion chart, metric conversion table

I would hate to hear of someone messing up on their oil ratio and ruining an engine with not enough oil.

Bairdco, you are darn lucky with 200:1, Opti2 or not.
I find that hard to believe, but you are not known for BS when it comes down to mechanical details.