Bike Stops when Starting

GoldenMotor.com

Homer

Apr 20, 2009
SW Houston
Do you have many miles on it? Check the large clutch gear for play, I had the little bearings wear out in mine, it sounds like what I experienced. had to press apart the clutch and replace the bearing, about 45 3mm steel balls.

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
Do you have many miles on it? Check the large clutch gear for play, I had the little bearings wear out in mine, it sounds like what I experienced. had to press apart the clutch and replace the bearing, about 45 3mm steel balls.
I have a little over 1000 miles on the bike..There is no gear play all seems normal.I greased the shaft pin as there was hardly any grease inside.

Almost forgot to mention,I removed my baffle from the exhaust about a month ago it has been running great since.I noticed after hearing the loud "rattle" noise from the gear side,a good amount of oil shot from the exhaust onto my frames lower bar...

marts1

Sep 18, 2009
Oshawa Ont CA
I've heard too many negatives operating a motor with hollow or semi-hollow pipes to want to chance doing this myself. 3 r 4 more small holes is as far as I'll go.

mwsbrewn

Jan 14, 2010
New Hapshire
Hello everyone. So, my newly used bike does this! I have taken the spark plug off and it turns fine. Too much compression. So now what? Thanks for your help!!

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
Hello everyone. So, my newly used bike does this! I have taken the spark plug off and it turns fine. Too much compression. So now what? Thanks for your help!!
Got spark? Check to make sure your sprocket is not binding up anywhere

If you have to pull the cylinder head off check out the piston etc make sure it is turning

mwsbrewn

Jan 14, 2010
New Hapshire
AaronF:
Yes I have a spark and in spark plug hole I see the head moving up and down. It make a pop pop pop noise. I have NEVER been on this bike. Its been around 3-13F so have not had real chance to ride it. I felt silly when back wheel kept locking. Am I to assume that I should still be able to peddle with the clutch out? Thank you!