Schwinn Occ

GoldenMotor.com

crossi

Nov 13, 2009
Wollongong, AUS
Hey yall,
Got my engine in the mail yesterday and waiting to get my engine mount from barry once it is here the building and moddifying process may begin, but I have read about these sproket adapter for the schwinn occ, are they realy needed?, or is there ways to work without the adapter?, cause I dont realy want to keep spending money as postage to Australia isn't exactly cheap. I haven't started the build so I wouldn't know if there sproket wasnt fitting right.

Help would be appericiated, Im excited for the buildauflg

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Hey yall,
Got my engine in the mail yesterday and waiting to get my engine mount from barry once it is here the building and moddifying process may begin, but I have read about these sproket adapter for the schwinn occ, are they realy needed?, or is there ways to work without the adapter?, cause I dont realy want to keep spending money as postage to Australia isn't exactly cheap. I haven't started the build so I wouldn't know if there sproket wasnt fitting right.

Help would be appericiated, Im excited for the buildauflg
Contact Tony @ Rock Solid in Australia, his Ad is on the lower left of this page.

I recently sent him an OCC sprocket adapter. He has my 36T & 40T sprockets too. You'll want to use a 36T with the OCC if you expect a decent cruise speed.

Jim

saetta

Jul 29, 2008
Central Missouri
Hello from another OCC builder/rider. I used the sprocket adapter from Manic Mechanic, now available from Pirate Cycles. Necessary? I say preferred because now the sprocket is driving the wheels hub, not the spokes. My first sprocket was a 44T and I agree on the limited top speed, although lots of low end torque. I have since ordered a 36T from Pirate Cycles to replace my 44T. Few other bikes when complete can look so much like a motorcycle than this Schwinn OCC!

crossi

Nov 13, 2009
Wollongong, AUS
Hello from another OCC builder/rider. I used the sprocket adapter from Manic Mechanic, now available from Pirate Cycles. Necessary? I say preferred because now the sprocket is driving the wheels hub, not the spokes. My first sprocket was a 44T and I agree on the limited top speed, although lots of low end torque. I have since ordered a 36T from Pirate Cycles to replace my 44T. Few other bikes when complete can look so much like a motorcycle than this Schwinn OCC!
So it is advised, but not necessary. Ill have a look around and make a decision, I might get a 36t later on.