worksman / cb125

GoldenMotor.com

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
been thinking about doing a new build using a engine out of a honda cb125 i have the honda it has no title thats why i thinking of this new build it runs great! i would be able to support a nice 12 volt lighting system. kick start and best of all fast!! thats a sportsman frame i want to do something similar the engine acts like part of the frame on the cb125 as the down tube off the headset doesnt connect to the seat tube..whatcha think.
glenn

Attachments

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
i have a moped hub with a 26'' 250 hookworms if i could change i would use 24x300 if you have the room. shorter spokes are stronger and i think the big 24'' tire's look right on a BTR. my 2 cents and moped drums work great and have strong axles and bearings imo the only way to go

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
if thats the bike in the pic you plan to use for parts I would check into what it would take to file for a lost title. that motor is capable of turning moped parts into scrap metal

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
the one thing i want to happen on this build is that the peddle will line up with the shift lever so that i can up and down shift through the transmission without any problems. i think i can pull this off with some wide bottom bracket and short cranks

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
I assume you are going to jackshaft it to get the chain runs from the engine aligned, and keep the engine centered? That can really play heck with pedals.

birdmannn101

Oct 23, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
I am still thinking of using a bigger than 49cc engine on my new build but then I keep thinking about getting pulled over by the cops. Then I would have a garage bike...Dan