Golden motor smart pie..e-bike number 2

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
The wife decided she might want to try a little bike riding with me. guess my smiling every time i come home is getting to her. i just ordered the new smart pie from goldenmotor.com. it is supposed to weigh half as much as the magic pie and do 20mph on flat ground and good torgue. hopefully the smart pie will be here in about a week and going to put in on the pie trek first so i can play with it and give her time to pick out a bike which could take forever lol. i just love getting her presents that i want to play with

Attachments

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
Re: smart pie e-bike number 2

ya i think it will be perfect for her and also have a second bike for company. i will use a 48v 10ah battery like mine on it and i think it will be perfect. already ordered and will post pictures and comparisons when i receive the smart pie

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine

Ah ha addict :p

...tho it would be nice to have a second ebike as a loner, the gasbikes too fast & the pedal bikes too slow to ride with...

...don't you even make me get another >.< rotfl

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI

lol my new one is already shipped. hope to have it wed or thursday. its amazing i get mail quicker from china then i do from the states

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI

i got the smart pie in and their is a considerable weight difference between the smart pie and the magic pie 3
magic pie 3 weight is 11.5 kg or 25.35 pounds
smart pie weight is 4.6kg or 10.14 lbs
that is over 15 lbs difference. i hope to have time to get it all hooked up and take for a test ride tomorrow or Wednesday and will let you all know what i think. one thing for sure is it will be a lot easier to carry up the stairs to the condo.
also here is a picture of the two motors side by side. the smart pie is supposed to have a lot of torgue and do 20 mph

Attachments

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
I just got back from my first ride with the smart pie. It was a lot more than I expected. The main difference between it and the magic pie was it does not have the power the magic pie does starting out however that makes it a lot smoother ride. Speed was way more than I expected. On flat ground it did 24mph.. I need to pedal assist more up the hills which is fine because I do need the exercise. The lighter weight is worth the little loss of speed which is minimal. also at over 15lbs lighter it is easy to bring up the stairs to the condo. i love the new smart pie :)

Attachments

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
48 volt 10ah. i am really happy with it. have a friend that tried mine today and loved it so is ordering one, he thought the magic pie was just a little to much for him and way to heavy. welcome to the forum. great to have you with us

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Yeah, welcome to the club!

These pies are really cool, you will like it.

Yeah, the MP2 on the 20" Revive accelerates quickly. I beat cars at intersections.

Have fun!

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i played with the bike in the grass and dirt today. the shedding of 15 lbs off the bike with the smart pie motor makes one heck of a difference. i was jumping the bike and racing around having the time of my life. i had to pedal a lot more then usual however i need the exercise and the big hills don't kill me and i had a friggen blast. afterwards we went to the beach and i laid on a hammock in the shade and passed out. a little to much fun for this old man. I cannot wait to play again tomorrow.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
:) Hey Paul! Your Trek with the Smarty Pie is on the Golden Motor Web site in the Smart Pie section with your testamonial quoted!

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
ya i sent them a picture and how much i like their motors and saw it on their and about fainted. nice part is they made mention of the site and they have dealers in 50 different countries

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Nice new avatar :) So your smarty pie is running bout 500 watts or so? 48 V 10 Ah ? Thats about half the out put of the big pie but your speed didnt drop much?

rcnicke

Sep 4, 2012
Sweden
What was the delivery time of the Pie?
Over a week has passed since I placed the order (and paid!), and the Order Tracking at Goldenmotor says that it is in status "Processing". Guess that means it hasn't been shipped yet.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i got mine in within a week and a half. some reason mail from china gets to the caribbean fast. i get stuff faster from their then the usa.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
one major thing i have noticed different between the magic pie and the smart pie motor is that the smart pie spins by hand and keeps spinning. the magic pie spins easy however not very long. huge difference in the two which could be the weight difference

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
ya that is what i am thinking. just got a 36v 12ah battery in mail today for the wife's bike. let you know how it does. gonna try it on both pies just to see how much difference