carb adjustments

GoldenMotor.com

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Well the ole "smokie" has enough miles on her now to start needing some tinkering. Last two times riding, needed to choke fully to keep her running. When I got her home today, started running in the idle screw, just messing, and it started speeding up real fast. when I took off the choke it died. Ok guys where to start. I am capable just point in correct direction. Thanks lots and will check back real soon. gphil

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Leak was my first thought and going to check that also. The carb is a NT. In the choke position, then running idle screw in and it speeding up sort of indicates a real rich mixture. Keeping in mind that some adjustments are probably in order for the engine is still breaking in. I will be watching for more input. I know not too much in the way of adjustments on this little thing other then moving the slide position . I know 2-door likes these. gphil

:-||

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Take off the float bowl & look to see if the jet came unscrewed... If it's not that, check to see if the jet is clogged.

Be very careful & try not to tear the gasket.

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Do most guys change out the jet size on the carb? Mine is stock NT . If they do what would be the recommended new size? Want this thing to purr, not fast needed, etc. Thanks gphil