New to the forum.

GoldenMotor.com

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Popdog- Welcome to the forum!

Lurk away. There's alot of good reading here on installation procedures, parts, and hard-learned tricks to getting it done.

Is that Moon Dog orange or green? I read here somewhere that the green has far superior welds... something to think about.

Keep us posted on your build, and post alot of pics if you can, we all love that.

Trey.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome, Popdog.
You've certainly found the right place to share this hobby (addiction).
There is a world of experience here to help you along with your first project. If you can't find answers to any questions you might have in our 'Search' feature feel free to ask. There will always be some one here to help. There are quite a few Texas members here too so you're in good company.

Good luck, have fun and ride safe.

Tom

Popdog

Mar 26, 2015
Austin, TX
It is a green one. I looked the welds over prior to buying it and they look good but not great like my wife's Electra Townie.

Harken

Mar 27, 2015
usa, florida
hi , i love the bikes, put together a btr a few years back, im also a fixed gear trick rider. kind of circus bear style, see me in the forums, thanksdnutdnut

Popdog

Mar 26, 2015
Austin, TX
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome to the forum. I have been reading a lot of the posts and I determined that the Dax F50 will be a good match for me. I can't wait to begin my build.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome to the forum. I have been reading a lot of the posts and I determined that the Dax F50 will be a good match for me. I can't wait to begin my build.
first of all welcome to the forum from a fellow Texan...

I have two Moon Dog bikes, both are the Orange ones that are a little longer frame than the standard cruiser, one of t is motorized and I consider it my best current complete bike.

My recommendation is go with the F80 daax kit, more power, more cruise speed and much more parts out there for modifying the engine for added performance like higher xompression heads that can add performance and will allow yhe engine to run a bit cooler in the Texas summer heat us peoples here do much of our riding in.

Best wishes with whatever you do and post as many pix as possible in the cruiser build section as you get it started and until complete, we love to see others people projects.