front tire

GoldenMotor.com

KarenH

Sep 21, 2014
Orange Park, Florida
OMG, I can't get front tire off. It has one of those quick releases but it isn't releasing lol. I freed the front brake and I pulled the lever open for the quick release on the tire, but the tire still won't slip off.

Attachments

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
The ends of the quick release will 'unscrew' if you just try... & then there might be safety washers under them that lock the axle onto the fork... simply pull them both outward.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
uh oh. Did you try to loosen the nut on the other side of the quick release? Sounds like you might have to take it to a shop then. You might want to check out some basic repair vids on U-tube.

Last edited:

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
it has 'lawyer lips' on the forks (google it) - you'll need to get the axle way loose to get it off - some folks grind those off the forks once the wheel is out of the way

KarenH

Sep 21, 2014
Orange Park, Florida
Thanks everyone. I will research it further. U did "unscrew" the quick release after opening it and loosened the nut on the other side, but the wheel still won't drop out. I can't figure out what is hanging it up.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I believe the fork is designed to hold the ends in place- try separating the fork ends with your hands only- they need to clear , and then will drop down

if that isn't it, perhaps someone tightened some thin axle nuts- that usually go between the fork blades, on the outside of them.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
You should be able to unscrew the nut and pull the quick release skewer completely out. Then grab the fork ends and pull them apart.