Clever Bike Names

GoldenMotor.com

TheOtherChris

Apr 1, 2012
SE Idaho
I recently described my '54 Panther build as being "borderline rat".
Lab Rat noticed and thought it was a great name for a build.
I agree and am keeping it.
Hey, it has crossed my state line many times already. :)

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
My new bike has told me it's name.

Before I got it, I was thinking "Red Devil" might be good, but it didn't seem to like it. So following my own advise that, you don't name the bike, the bike tells you it's name, I've been patiently waiting for it to be revealed it to me.

Meet, Electronaut

Last edited:

Getmore

Oct 12, 2013
Florida
With my new build going on I am going to call it "Toxic Rocket" I fly high power rockets for fun and I named one of my rockets with this name. That tank on this build well look like a rocket .I am getting.close to start that tank in fiberglass.

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
With my new build going on I am going to call it "Toxic Rocket" I fly high power rockets for fun and I named one of my rockets with this name. That tank on this build well look like a rocket .I am getting.close to start that tank in fiberglass.
That sounds like a good name for a china girl.

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
My new bike has told me it's name.

Before I got it, I was thinking "Red Devil" might be good, but it didn't seem to like it. So following my own advise that, you don't name the bike, the bike tells you it's name, I've been patiently waiting for it to be revealed it to me.

Meet, Electronaut

Beauty!!!

But as the pilot, does that make you the Electronautnaut?

“-)

-Kirk

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I think I'm going to name my new Huffy " Sunshine the happy horsey" . Either that or" Mr.Ed the flesh eating horse" " Cannibal Horse" ?? The Hearse ? And I could tie some shrunken heads to the fenders. yeah... just kidding its.....THE PHANTOM MENACE ( kinda silly but it fits better than Huffinstien's Monster) anyway

Last edited:

Scary G

Aug 15, 2012
B.C. Canada
I don't know if someone already said this one or not I didnt read the entire thread. I always refer to mine as my Hardly Dangerous.

starcitypenguin

Jan 14, 2012
Star City Arkansas
Had a 1915 Harley Davidson tribute bike build but did not like using the HD name with a Chinese motor so did a rebuild of the bike and named it Barely American winch resembles a old HD type bike.

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Back when I was building sidecars during my smallholder farming days as a sideline to doing small engine and motorcycle repairs I called my little business, 'The New Colonial Sidecar Co'. No photos now exist, but I had a handpainted sign on my workshop shed with a picture of an early Villiers engine as the centrepiece.

According to a well known motorcycle encyclopedia motorcycle companies with 'new' in their name seemed to be fated to fade away into bankruptcy for some reason. And there were a lot of companies in the heroic days of motorcycling with 'new' in their name. New Imperial, New Map, New Era, New Courier, New Hudson, New Century, New Crescent, New Comet, New Knight, New Progress,,,,, & etc.

The New Colonial Sidecar Co didn't go bankrupt, but I was forced to stop trading by some very difficult family problems I was having. I won't go into them again, but I have mentioned them before on the forum.

I've sometimes thought I should build a tribute 'New Colonial' motorbicycle just to recall those happy times I spent in my workshop before everything (literally) went mad. It should have a sidecar on it too; - sidecars on bicycles are illegal here in New Zealand so I will have to put on my thinking cap to figure out a way around that.
My daughter was only 3 at the time I had my little business, but even then she loved seeing what I was doing and would play with my spanners while I worked. I painted up a little sign for my workshop that said '(my name) & Daughter' which absolutely delighted her.
(My kids learned to read very early; - the best thing you can do for your children is spend time reading to them. Even now my kids love books and can't be bothered with television).
Ah now I'm getting all misty eyed remembering those times all those years ago (sigh, sniff).........

(This is a 1909 Minerva, I didn't build it)

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Mine got a name change through an 'executive' order...........:D

From "Buzzy" to "Dorathy Vader" ---- cause she looks like Vader with lipstick.

Last edited: