How comfortable is your 'shop' ?

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
lol,like the comments ,guys.my shoephone is in my pocket,its a smart shoephone.wonder if i can get the show tune for a ring tone....
my workshop still has the machine shed sliding doors,i installed the 10x10 overhead door behind them.so if i want two doors slide sideways,one goes up....

if i put a crescent moon on the cone of silence it,someone will try to use it....
its really funny you should mention that,as the compressor at work was originally in the restroom,when it fired up it would and could scare the crap out of someone.
LOL TJ, snork. Seems there is an app for that; https://www.google.com/webhp?source...2I&fp=e5795d867da53617&ion=1&biw=1440&bih=809

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
lol,like the comments ,guys.my shoephone is in my pocket,its a smart shoephone.wonder if i can get the show tune for a ring tone....
my workshop still has the machine shed sliding doors,i installed the 10x10 overhead door behind them.so if i want two doors slide sideways,one goes up....

if i put a crescent moon on the cone of silence it,someone will try to use it....
its really funny you should mention that,as the compressor at work was originally in the restroom,when it fired up it would and could scare the crap out of someone.
Going with the whole Get Smart scheme your Cone of Silence might have been better as a phone booth, the one he dials the number and drops down in Control headquarters after the 'corridor or doors'.

And who didn't love 99?

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Finally!!! I'm moving into the new shop. LOTS more room, and I even have a small office space, which my girlfriend is already calling my Hoochie Mama room.
That looks real good man. I've only got a small 1X3 window by my bench, but that natural light is the best. You've got plenty of room, so now you kinda have to build a new bike right? :)

Last edited:

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
shop is comfortable today,glad i have one.today it is snowing-all day.
but considering how much fell in ND today i dont feel so bad.

the get smart phone booth is a great idea,if i could print the above photo about 7 feet tall,id be laughing.so would everybody else..

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
The get smart phone booth is a great idea,if i could print the above photo about 7 feet tall,id be laughing.so would everybody else..
Indeed, that would be absolutely hilarious bud, kind of like my life size Elvira cardboard stand up that keeps an eye over my shop ;-}

I had to do some shop cleanup work, well my paid help did it, it has to be done to stay organized as things tend to get cluttered with parts in a hurry with as many different bikes as I see a month.

Anyway, I just couldn't be happier than just sitting here at my desk in my shop with my little AC on (98 today), Pandora commercial free classic rock tunes playing, and keeping an eye on everything in the bay and ready to help when it's a 2 man job but otherwise just working on quotes and other businesses because well, you can't make any money for yourself let alone others without constant business.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I have a 3 car 'tandem' garage. It's 2 cars wide, but you can stack 2 cars nose to tail on the right hand side. I use the space in front of my car as my shop.......it's actually the reason I bought this house!!

In the winter, I can heat the garage with 2 500watt halogen work lights. And, I have a ceiling fan for the summer. Not a super great space, but it's just right for me!!

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
My wife and I looked at a house before we bought our current one, that had a garage like that but it was two deep on both bays. I really wanted it but the house was too close to a main street and noisy. We passed on it and ended up here, bigger house, but with a simple two car garage. Man, I envy you your space. Nice shop :)

Tom

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
That looks real good man. I've only got a small 1X3 window by my bench, but that natural light is the best. You've got plenty of room, so now you kinda have to build a new bike right? :)
Thanks Trey. I took a little break after the move so this is my first REAL build since. Just been doing some customer repairs and maintenence on my own bikes. Ocho Ninja and me helped a guy get his 4 stroke 2 wheel build together right, so he brought me his recumbent project to put together for him. Took it for it's first test ride a couple days ago. It rides real nice. Not too fast, (25mph?) But I think thats plenty fast enough for this bike. I JUST NOW got the pulse pump in to mount the low riding tank, So he'll be riding it himself in a day or two.
fatdaddy.
By the way, The KKK you see in the first pics is just a bad joke. As you can see, My best friend, (sitting in the background,) is a black guy.

Attachments

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
If your talking about comfort, I find my tiny work shop so comfortable that I've fallen asleep in there more than a few times. I pretty much have every tool to fix anything. I also have a 5hp 20 gallon air compressor and a mig welder. It also helps that I have a 120" projection screen with an xbox. If I need to fix or weld anything big, it's off to Pipelyne.

Attachments

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
If your talking about comfort, I find my tiny work shop so comfortable that I've fallen asleep in there more than a few times. I pretty much have every tool to fix anything. I also have a 5hp 20 gallon air compressor and a mig welder. It also helps that I have a 120" projection screen with an xbox. If I need to fix or weld anything big, it's off to Pipelyne.
My God Easy, That shop is just too purty to work in. I'd be afear'd of gettin it durty.
And next time ya need something big welded, try a muffler shop. Cheaper than pipelyne I'm sure. Just get it all worked out before you take it in and TRY to hit em up when they are not too busy. I get small to medium stuff welded up for $10. bigger stuff for $20 at a Hispanic ran muffler shop on Phalen in San Jose. Nicer people ya couldn't meet.
fatdaddy.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Thanks Trey. I took a little break after the move so this is my first REAL build since. Just been doing some customer repairs and maintenence on my own bikes. Ocho Ninja and me helped a guy get his 4 stroke 2 wheel build together right, so he brought me his recumbent project to put together for him. Took it for it's first test ride a couple days ago. It rides real nice. Not too fast, (25mph?) But I think thats plenty fast enough for this bike. I JUST NOW got the pulse pump in to mount the low riding tank, So he'll be riding it himself in a day or two.
fatdaddy.
By the way, The KKK you see in the first pics is just a bad joke. As you can see, My best friend, (sitting in the background,) is a black guy.
Nice of you and the ninja to help the guy out! And it got you an interesting build. And I think 25 is plenty too!
BBB, I didn't know WHAT that was all about, but didn't think it was your club name or anything!:)

I'm moving soon- here's my shop today. Sad. Never really got moved into the space...

Attachments

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
Nice of you and the ninja to help the guy out! And it got you an interesting build. And I think 25 is plenty too!
BBB, I didn't know WHAT that was all about, but didn't think it was your club name or anything!:)

I'm moving soon- here's my shop today. Sad. Never really got moved into the space...
Wow,,anything with sheet rock is nice,,very nice shop bro... :)

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
This is my shop for the most part. Got 300sq ft inside for tools & equip, but do all the real work here. Built this bench (and another not in this pic) just to have the work at chest level without bending. Later added a ramp when I got too old & feeble to lift the damn things onto the bench. Makes it nice to be able to take sprocket cover off and run at WOT to watch how the chain moves : )

Attachments

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
This is my shop for the most part. Got 300sq ft inside for tools & equip, but do all the real work here. Built this bench (and another not in this pic) just to have the work at chest level without bending. Later added a ramp when I got too old & feeble to lift the damn things onto the bench. Makes it nice to be able to take sprocket cover off and run at WOT to watch how the chain moves : )
Nice,, I'm dying to get a nice bike stand so i can take off my wheels and clean them,,also be able to run the bike WOT with both wheels off the ground,, that's my next step,,got a nice wire feed welder may build one..

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I'm slowly making progress against the 'stuff' in my garage.

This past week I managed to clear a corner and wall it off using poly from a matress bag and a skid bag (a bag designed to go on to a pallet to contain leaks from used batteries). Now I can hang freshly painted parts to dry with less exposure to dust.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Cant wait till mine is finished, been working on it for a good while now , lot a work left to do but it will be 1200sqft with 800sqft of work space when complete, plan on having a 320sqft metal working room added to it maybe next year need more room for welders and lathe.
Been semi shade treeing t for a while now and tired of the weather dictating what I can do and when I can do it.....

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I pretty much shade tree it as well, except without the tree part. some shade on the side of my house for about half the day sometimes. All my work is done either on the sidewalk in front of my house, or on the side of it. All my tools and spare parts are in the basement as well as an old computer chair, so when there is work to be done I go grab whatever I need and set to work. I try to avoid too much in the heat, but sometimes can't be helped.