My 48v 1000w Front Wheel e-bike

GoldenMotor.com

twinbrother

Dec 5, 2012
Los Angeles
Just wanted to show off my e-bike. It's built off a 2012 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 26. Here are some photos.

I ride total 30 miles a day, 15 miles each way to and from work. Top speed on this bad boy is about 26 mph no pedaling. I ride it in the sun, in the rain, and at night. My car stays parked even when it's pouring outside. I have a rain suit and waterproof shoe covers. I even outfitted my bicycle helmet with a motorcycle visor to keep the rain from hitting my face. And if you look closely, you'll notice a front fender so water doesn't hit me running off the front tire. Still making mods to improve the bike, but overall, I like the way it's set up. The battery box is just a small tool box I modified and stuck on the back.

Oh, and the lights on the frame are 12v Christmas lights. There's also a 12v tail light. And a wheel light running off the valve stem I got off ebay finishes off my night riding.

Attachments

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
very nice. i have the same lights for my valve stems and they are very visible. great idea with the tool box for batteries