I Might Be Selling My Bike

GoldenMotor.com

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
It's cold outside, and gas is $1.89 a gallon. Plus, my F150 needs new tires. I might sell my bike for $500. I think that's an OK deal. The bugs have been worked out, and I haven't put too much $$ into it.

$200 for the kit
$40 for tires
$50 for the bike
$20 for the seat
$25 for speedometer
$40 for extra parts
===============
$375 total

that's a $125 profit. and I'd sell the bike 'as-is'

not 100% sure I want to though. I do have someone that already wants to buy it.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
The price of gas is going to go back up, you just know it.

I say keep it, put on a big jacket and other warm things, and ride it like you stole it till you can get new tires for the f150.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
I've got a friend that is building them and selling them fast as he can build them for $650.00. He said he was starting his 6th or 7th bike now.............

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
sheesh. It's amazing that people will spend that much for one of these. You could buy a used 50cc scooter for that.

I guess I just don't get it because I'm cheap and like to do things myself :)

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
Price of gas does not change my riding style whatsoever.
This morning it was way cold out,enough to dust off my leather jacket.
I seriously contemplated taking the F-150 out to run my errands. As I was taking my engine from Cronus and transferring it to my Trike I took the Trike out around the block to test out my 14 tooth I just put on there replacing the 12 tooth on the jack shaft over the weekend and it pulls hills quite nicely now even though top speed is lowered but that's okay it's a pedal trike.
Next thing I know I'm headed over to Kaiser Permanente to pick up my wife's meds. Then I figured since I'm out here anyway and have my doggie cage in back I may as well do my other errands and then do my shopping. I wish I would have taken a pic but I shopped for groceries in a grocery cart and bought everything I needed. It's absolutely amazing how a cart load of groceries can fit in my doggie cage quite easily.
Then I went home and unpacked.
About an hour ago I sat in my F-150 I call Luther and started cleaning out the interior. Then I took it around the block.
If this truck is a 4 wheel drive it's a no brainer I need this truck. But it's a two wheel drive. I may still need it when I have a lot to haul or if I need to take my host home guy to a doctor's appointment. And in the wintertime I have tire chains for that once every two years blizzard where anything less than a 4x4 you're in trouble.
It's my only personal vehicle that needs the powers of the DMV besides my wife's car and my kids cars.
But most of the year it just sits there. I'll take it around the block at least once a week so my tires don't get flat spots and my gas don't go stale or that once a month on the average ride to take my host home guy to the doctor's.
Who knows,maybe when alternate fuels kick in and we need gas less it could in theory drop down to Clinton years remember 99 cent gas?
When that happens,people may approach me and ask me "why" when I carry a valid drivers license and have a perfectly drivable Ford F-150 truck right there.
My answer is "because I can."

God Bless America!

MrL. I think you may do better keeping the bike and saving up for them tires. Yes winter is coming and the bike will just sit there anyway,but after you get those tires then you stare at your truck tires and see what you lost to gain a large chunk of rubber that will last you 50,000 miles if you're absolutely lucky with alignment appointments and 20,000 miles without alignments and sometimes even less.
My truck never ever saw new tires regardless. I buy used and save a bundle. And I only change the tires that approach the strip bars. And I do my own rotations.
I ride my bikes year around so I would never make a choice like that,but then again,you can always rebuild.

Oh and when I filled up this morning it wouldn't take the entire 50 cents! It only took 30 cents. The remainder 20 cents went in my spare gas canteen.

Last edited:

BikeBerry.com

Dealer
Nov 7, 2008
California
www.bikeberry.com
You may consider just riding it around where there are a lot of people. Good chance that some people will stop you and ask where you can get one. Thats when you conveniently sell it to them.

Few days later, when you start missing it, you can start another bike for the spring time =)

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
lol, you guys are funny. i will start missing it in the spring time and will probably end up buying a new kit. and it wasn't labor working on my bike, it was pure joy