quick Question for those with the SBP x chamber

GoldenMotor.com

Peter16

Jun 24, 2012
Australia
So i am racking my brains over how to mount the SBP expansion chamber.

The photo below is one possible design. I still pedal my bike quite a lot and my thigh will be rubbing right on the expansion chamber so my question is, Will this get unbearably hot or just warm?

thanks

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Too hot. If I were you I'd try to mount it low. If not try to find some asbestos underwear.

Peter16

Jun 24, 2012
Australia
Too hot. If I were you I'd try to mount it low. If not try to find some asbestos underwear.
Ohh damn really?

I have seen every pic on the internet and tried just about every configuration imaginable and am yet to find one that fits besides this

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Ohh damn really?

I have seen every pic on the internet and tried just about every configuration imaginable and am yet to find one that fits besides this
I found that pipe to be difficult to mount too. I was able to mount it 2 different ways, but it took a lot of work to do it.

Peter16

Jun 24, 2012
Australia
i must have been holding my tongue wrong, i have managed to squeeze it into this position.
I just have to make it a bit more permanent.

You can see the white line where my pedal has been grazing it.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
You can probably do without the extra muffler. Mine was pretty quiet as it came. Another thing that helped was adding a rubber hose to the end of the pipe. It seems to help the bottom end power a little and also makes it quieter.

Peter16

Jun 24, 2012
Australia
back again.
Bought a welder, spent a day practising and now im a pro...hardly.

This is what i mocked up, Will it just need the one support where the muffler is? Should i attach springs those anywhere?