Best Spark Plug?

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
No, I've never tried the extended tip plug. Is there an advantage with our 2 stroke engines?
Tom
They felt like they made mine run a little better. It makes sense to me to have the electrode a little further out into the combustion chamber. Could just be a little more compression maybe.

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
I used to be an NGK devotee but I've had better service from the Champion 811 (L82C) plug.
One of my engines always was a little sketchy about idleing. I like my engines to idle very slow and that one would just not do it. I switched to the Champion and it will idle like I want it too. It also showed some top end speed increase as well as hill climbing ability. Just to compare I went back to the NGK, a new one by the way, and the engine acted as it did before; no slow idle and a decrease in top end. Changed back to the Champion and the performance followed the plug. Made a believer out of me.
Tom
i love ngk plugs ...but im gonna have to try that plug....my pos tri tip plug blows lol

Kristof

Jan 21, 2011
Aliso Viejo, CA
In clear terms:

BP5HS(I own this one) vs BPR6HIX

Is it worth upgrading from BP5HS to BPR6HIX?

I think its not worth upgrading from BP5HS if you already have one, but from stock...either one.