Mabuhay! from Philippines

GoldenMotor.com

Jeco

Sep 13, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hello all,

I am new to motorized bicycles and even to engines :)

I hope to learn more of these stuff here in this site, to improve my built bike with a generic Chinese 49cc engine kit.

Right now here is what I did on my bike. Added a front seat and footrest for my 3 yr old son. Placed the tank on a back carrier. It's just a regular mountain bike but it does the job well for me. Just cruising slowly for safety, checking parts before and after riding.

Maybe if I find a better bike here in Manila I will build another one, hopefully a Schwinn stingray or same setup.

Mabuhay!pino.

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Welcome to the forum, Jeco. You should be able to post a photo now. This is a great place to learn and share things. Do you have laws there in the Philippines which limit the size of your motor? Are there many people there with motorized bicycles?
SB

Jeco

Sep 13, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thanks Silverbear. I am sure I will learn a lot here. Laws here are pretty much the same I believe, max 49cc moped to be street legal. Not many people here build motorized bicycles, though the seller of my kit have a small group in his town. Mine is the only one I've seen yet in my town. People smiles when they see my bike, something new to their eyes.

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Thanks Silverbear. I am sure I will learn a lot here. Laws here are pretty much the same I believe, max 49cc moped to be street legal. Not many people here build motorized bicycles, though the seller of my kit have a small group in his town. Mine is the only one I've seen yet in my town. People smiles when they see my bike, something new to their eyes.
Welcome,Jeco.You'll find it's not just the mpg that these bikes get that's fun. It's the spm's that's the most fun.Smiles Per Mile.Kip.

Last edited:

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Hi,Jeco.Looks like you and your son will have a lot of fun on your bike! Is it me or the angle of the picture?It looks like your carb is tilted to clear the frame? If it is you can get an off-set intake manifold to fix that.If it bothers if not why bother! Kip.

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
Welcome to the forum!!! Have great fun and ride safe always... :)

Nice red bike!!! :)

Kamusta diyan sa Manila? (How are things in Manila?)

Last edited:

Jeco

Sep 13, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi,Jeco.Looks like you and your son will have a lot of fun on your bike! Is it me or the angle of the picture?It looks like your carb is tilted to clear the frame? If it is you can get an off-set intake manifold to fix that.If it bothers if not why bother! Kip.
Yes, we are having fun riding it, me and my son. The carb is tilted a bit because of the cable on top dont fit, if I knew the manifold can be offset a bit then I would have not swapped my new frame with this old frame I have now, bad move i did. But yes this works for me even if carb is tilted a bit.

galager22

Aug 6, 2010
sydney
newbie here too, this maybe an old thread, but still want some help from you guys
Pinoy here too from australia, i'm going back to philippines this march, i just bought 66cc engine kit from Rock Solid Engines Australia, i'm still trying to figure out how to fit it,......
before that, i purchased an old rusted OCC jesse james chopper for 20$ in a junk shop here, hope to post some pic soon....

Jeco

Sep 13, 2010
Manila, Philippines
hi galager,

an OCC, that's what I want, so expensive here in Manila though. On those chopper types, some guys fabricate their own mountings or buy one from sponsors here in this site. If you search a bit in this site, you will see how they mount motors on an OCC.

What part of Phil are you btw?

galager22

Aug 6, 2010
sydney
i'm form nueva ecija, but i used to stay in manila before,
sorry its not occ its WCC jesse james, i think this bike is not made with quality,,, the frame is all rusted now not even with an alloy i think,
yes i've seen here how they chop and put the engine, but i want to include some kind of transmission so the motor is not fixed with one gear,
i'm thinking of buying a set of freewheel hub with 9 cogset,
then flip it the other way around, attached the chain motor then to the main gear on the wheel, but my problem is attaching the rear derailleur in reverse,dont know if it'll work yet.

ill show you my design sometime, i dont know how to attached pics here yet...

btw i purchased the engine from rock solid engines australia ,
thay have fabricated cylinder head, and dellorto carbs

pino.

Jeco

Sep 13, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi Galager,

Powder coat it and it will look as new.
You dont need to flip the cogset for the other side. Put it on the right side as usual and have a Jack Shaft kit for you to able to use the cogset. You can search in this site about jack shaft kit, or you can make your own.

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
Welcome to the forum Jeco, the forward seat for your son is a great idea! I saw something similar with a seat on the back from an older 1911 model motorized bike.

Jeco

Sep 13, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thank you darkhawk!
I was planning a different approach on my front seat, but didn't have the materials and tools to do it. I ended up using an old rubberized pipe clamp to hold the seat to the top tube. It did the job pretty well.