Manic Mechanic sprocket adapter

GoldenMotor.com

taddthewadd

Mar 1, 2009
Visalia, California
I recently ordered and received a sprocket adapter and sprocket from Manic Mechanic (MM). I can't believe how nice it is. It is as beautiful as it is functional. I had a 32 spoke rim and thought I was out of luck. MM made this adapter for me and now I am back in business. It mounted up perfectly and the bike runs really well. I knew it would work out because of his great reputation on this forum. Thanks again MM for contributing so much to our hobby!

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
I recently ordered and received a sprocket adapter and sprocket from Manic Mechanic (MM). I can't believe how nice it is. It is as beautiful as it is functional. I had a 32 spoke rim and thought I was out of luck. MM made this adapter for me and now I am back in business. It mounted up perfectly and the bike runs really well. I knew it would work out because of his great reputation on this forum. Thanks again MM for contributing so much to our hobby!
Thanks tadd!

Glad you liked your parts.

Jim

BlueBloodCycles

Jul 12, 2010
Kentucky
I used one of these recently. Wish there were more parts like it available. I will be purchasing more of these in the future.

Pirates sold out again...gotta get this figured out

jvirginillo

Jul 21, 2008
Thanks tadd!

Glad you liked your parts.

Jim
"Jim John here I've been "off the air" for some time now but would like to get back to work on my bike.

Can I still order a motor mount and manifold from you directly?

You have sold me the clutch lever and gaskets in the past.

Thanks
John

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
While I think the adapter is great, the availability of sprockets and sizes sucks now. Pirate never has them in stock, and most of the time its 44t or less. Can't get bigger sprockets to save my life. If your going to make these things only available through a dealer, make sure that dealer has enough options for the customers. This has just become too frustrating for me, all I want is a 48T. Its like pulling my hair out trying to find one.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
"Jim John here I've been "off the air" for some time now but would like to get back to work on my bike.

Can I still order a motor mount and manifold from you directly?

You have sold me the clutch lever and gaskets in the past.

Thanks
John
John...Yes you can! Call Karen tomorrow and she'll get you fixed up.

While I think the adapter is great, the availability of sprockets and sizes sucks now. Pirate never has them in stock, and most of the time its 44t or less. Can't get bigger sprockets to save my life. If your going to make these things only available through a dealer, make sure that dealer has enough options for the customers. This has just become too frustrating for me, all I want is a 48T. Its like pulling my hair out trying to find one.
Tipsy...

Pirate Cycles can not possibly stock all tooth count sprockets...I still take orders for custom sprockets. Nobody will be left out in the cold with thier adapter.

Just call Karen, and she'll get you fixed up.

Jim

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Get a sprocket anywhere & drill the 3 holes to fit the Creative Engineering hub. I did. Just make sure it's centered. I bought the hub adapter from Pirate & used the sprocket I already had.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Jim, while you're still reading this post I just want you to know: I love that adapter. I have one with a 38t and couldn't be happier with it. It seems flawlessly engineered, and perfectly funtional. Aside from the motor, it's my favorite part of the bike. I will never fool with another rag joint, I am spoiled!

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Jim, while you're still reading this post I just want you to know: I love that adapter. I have one with a 38t and couldn't be happier with it. It seems flawlessly engineered, and perfectly funtional. Aside from the motor, it's my favorite part of the bike. I will never fool with another rag joint, I am spoiled!
You're right!! They are great!! I'll never use a rag joint again either.