intake and carb

GoldenMotor.com

blckwlfny1

Jul 14, 2010
new york
I was thinking of eventually putting on a typhoon intake and a CNS carb for a skyhawk "80cc" and leaving it at that without any other mod's
I can bolt things in the right place, but have no idea how to tune an engine. is this how those two things work? or do i have to do other things to get the bike to run right?
...any suggestions?
thanks cvlt1

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
First, you need to learn to read a spark plug, and a few basics before you "mod" your engine. If you just bolt stuff on and don't know how to tune, you are throwing away money and time.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
While I run a CNS and like it a lot better than stock, it alone is not going to give you the performance increase yer prolly hoping for & it can be a finicky pain to dial in for the first time.

For the money, I'd recommend a good expansion chamber exhaust system as yer first "mod" - not only is it the most pronounced improvement over stock, but it's really just a matter of bolting it on & yer done :D

...well, ya should prolly double check the plug's color, but ya should do that after any alteration ;)