Bike Jacked (Stolen)

GoldenMotor.com

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Sunday between 5-6:30 PM my first ever built MB was stolen from outside the pub while watch-n the Lakers loose. The cable was cut and left for me to look at like F-U got your **** now.

People are PUNKS.

If any of my local riders spot this bike just give me a heads up, I really don't think it will show up. The paint is one of a kind; the bike has a manic mechanic hub and sprocket on it.

The good thing: losers got a slow bike w/ 50cc motor....

KARMA is a good thing.

CCC

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Culver, sorry to hear. That just sucks. Hope ya get it back. Rare but happens.

Last edited:

Monrovia Glen

Jan 8, 2010
Monrovia
Sunday between 5-6:30 PM my first ever built MB was stolen from outside the pub while watch-n the Lakers loose. The cable was cut and left for me to look at like F-U got your **** now.

People are PUNKS.

If any of my local riders spot this bike just give me a heads up, I really don't think it will show up. The paint is one of a kind; the bike has a manic mechanic hub and sprocket on it.

The good thing: losers got a slow bike w/ 50cc motor....

KARMA is a good thing.

CCC
Sorry to hear that CCC! I will pass on the pic to my buddies in your area and ask to keep their eyes open for it. That's really too bad and it totally sucks!!

Glen

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
That zoomback thing looks promising if they start offering better customer service. Dude, WTH is wrong with people? I'm sorry to hear they got your bike, CCC.........Punkazz theives! I agree with Bill, or better yet....Smash one foot with a sledge, and let them think about it for a few years, while they heal. An injury like that never really goes away.

Last edited:

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I hate thieves! I am sorry to hear that one got your ride. I hate that feeling you get when you go out to ride it and all you see is a cut cable on the ground. I have been there before.
I will keep an eye out for it, but that's a long trip south for it to get this far.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
That zoomback thing looks promising if they start offering better customer service. Dude, WTH is wrong with people? I'm sorry to hear they got your bike, CCC.........Punkazz theives! I agree with Bill, or better yet....Smash one foot with a sledge, and let them think about it for a few years, while they heal. An injury like that never really goes away.
Only problem with the Zoomback is from what I gather from reading up on it is the unit needs a clear view of the sky (like all GPS units) so hiding it on a bike would be almost impossible. About the best you could do is disguise it as something else.

I have a similar app for my cell phone except the GPS on the phone is only accurate to 60m and to locate a lost or stolen phone that's a pretty big area.

For the same price as the Zoomback you might better invest in one of these.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Ha! The Kryptonite Fagetaboutit chain. Those are tough! It takes a huge bolt cutter to get through them, and it will damage the cutting edge of the cutters pretty badly.
Here is a video of a motorcycle lock comparison. They test different chains to educate the motorcycle riding public in their effectiveness to slow down a thief.
The lock and chain sets are not Kryptonite, but very similar in construction.
YouTube - Various Sold Secure and Thatcham chains chopped.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Ha! The Kryptonite Fagetaboutit chain. Those are tough! It takes a huge bolt cutter to get through them, and it will damage the cutting edge of the cutters pretty badly.
Here is a video of a motorcycle lock comparison. They test different chains to educate the motorcycle riding public in their effectiveness to slow down a thief.
The lock and chain sets are not Kryptonite, but very similar in construction.
YouTube - Various Sold Secure and Thatcham chains chopped.
That would be so much easier to watch if they spoke English. :p

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Only problem with the Zoomback is from what I gather from reading up on it is the unit needs a clear view of the sky (like all GPS units) so hiding it on a bike would be almost impossible. About the best you could do is disguise it as something else.

I have a similar app for my cell phone except the GPS on the phone is only accurate to 60m and to locate a lost or stolen phone that's a pretty big area.

For the same price as the Zoomback you might better invest in one of these.

Yeah I agree andat 3/4 of a bill it's to expensive for me to want to take apart and modify for the application

psprat496

Nov 22, 2009
New Jersey
That really sucks. I'm sorry to hear about that. Hopefully you'll find it soon. Maybe you'll find the perp too so you could teach him a lesson.

Matheneyr3

Jun 4, 2009
Carolinas
The more I work on my bikes, I think- It would suck to have someone steal all this work....
But that's really what was taken, not a bike, that's nothin' to replace-
It was all your hard work and creativity, Things that can't be replaced,

Sad to see such a nice lookin' ride get taken.... Best wishes at gettin' it back.

I know it's sometimes a financial thing, to go through, depending on how you use your ride, But try to look forward to the next build. - from the looks of it, you've got some real talent at puttin' these things together.

-Richard.zpt