Tcams Electra Coaster

GoldenMotor.com

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
This Friday I received Manic Mechanics custom motor mount so I can now start putting the pieces to the puzzle.

Specs
Electra Coaster Aluminum Frame w/ 3" Stretch
66cc Grubee Skyhawk (SpookyToothCycles)
Maxis 2.5" Tires
15" Apes
Custom Motor Mount, 40t sprocket with hub adapter, Billet intake (Manic Mechanic)
Expansion Chamber, Magnecor plug wire (SickBikeParts)

I also plan on putting a front light and a MC Horn powered by a 12v bat.

I am gonna try and get the bike running before the Death Race Hopfully, I only have Sunday and Friday to finish due to work and school.

Im going for the Bobber look.

I will keep you guys posted on the build.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
Ok so everything was going smooth until I got to bending my coaster break arm. I used a vice to bend one half of the "Z" but when i got to the other half it just wouldnt bend. I tried heating it up with a torch and it still wouldnt go. I broke my vice hitting it so hard.

Can I just ride the bike without the break arm if I tighten the side up good, or will it come loose. I might just take it to USA this week and see if they can bend it for me.

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
I got the break arm to bend by beating the heck out of it with a hammer on the ground.

I need a few more links for the chain to fit, gonna stop by usabikemotors to see if they have any extra this week. Ive been looking at ways to mount my SBP pipe and that is gonna be a challenge.

Im gonna take Thursday off from school work on her and get her running before the death Race. Man its gonna be close!?

Here is an update pic

Attachments

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
I ditched that BMX chain that came with stock, and CityofAngles gave me an extra chain that he had. I think its a 415 Heavy Duty? not to sure.

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
that magnecore wire is crap the stock wire is copper and in my opion is better the magenecore wire is like silver
I want to know how you can tell the difference between the stock and the magnecor?

The speedometer that I got from walmart was interfearing with something and would always reset. The Magnecor plug wire solved my problem and works like a charm. SBP has them and I recomend them if you have the same problem.

Last edited:

DVBikes

Oct 27, 2009
Tampa,Florida
i can tell i difference by the material inside the plug cable. the stock is copper wire and its more conductive i was just stating this idgaf. if it helps you speedo that maybe im a moron.

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
Glad to see you got your parts Tcams. I never did get mine lol.. Nice build dude.

Thanks Aaron. Im glad too..Your parts will come soon man.. Hang in there. I cant wait to fire her up again. Its been to long, but im gonna have to wait til friday due to work and school. I hope to get her tuned and running good before the death Race.

Wish me luck

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
Thanks Aaron. Im glad too..Your parts will come soon man.. Hang in there. I cant wait to fire her up again. Its been to long, but im gonna have to wait til friday due to work and school. I hope to get her tuned and running good before the death Race.

Wish me luck
Maybe mine will be here this Friday then :) I really like the Electra look.Anyhow,good luck with your ride and the race man!

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
ITS LIVES ONCE AGAIN!! Im soo happy.

I managed to get both chains together without a chaintool. I got some links from Usabikemotors and a few links off of an old schwinn exercise machine that I have and managed to put them together.

After about half a days work and into the night I finally got her to fire right up after about 2 tries and off I went. Its definatly faster with the 40 tooth on there. I didnt put the SBP pipe on because I just wanted to see if she would still run.

Anyways. I will definatly have an update and Video after this weekend and the Death Race.

Peace

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
T-CAMS im glad to here you got her running man, i was down off Orange Grove after work last night and ran into City of angels on his trike, he said you got your parts man and that's awesome, I am going to be at the bike swap Sunday but i dont know if im going to the DR, might be taking out the dirtbikes before it gets to hot to ride and i have a brand new back tire sitting here for a month and cant wait to put it on, but i want to go to the DR as well so ill have to play it by ear, damn decisions man!!!!