Bill's 2000 Whizzer upgrade and restyling project

GoldenMotor.com

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Thanks curt. Thanks chain. We're having a lot of fun with this one. Ray's helping us a lot with the engine. We'll have an assembly party soon. Bill's out finding a half link for the pedal chain so we can keep the rear wheel where it looks best. Would be cool to put the white pin stripes back on the fenders.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
You can get a stripers wheel with a flex-able magnetic track,they work good. GOT TO HAVE STRIPS. LOL .........Curt

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
It's assembly time for Bill's motor. Ray and Dan were here working with me.

Got the engine put together. It went smoothly.

Slipped it into the frame and made some adjustments.

We still have lots to do, but it shouldn't be much longer 'til we can take a test ride.

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
It's always a treat hanging out at Dale's place.
Dale and Greg (Dale's Grandson )were already working on a new Briggs bike project when I first got there this morning, Dale gave Greg parts and frame to finish at Greg's place.

Then we got started with Bill's whizzer.Things went pretty smooth.
I got a few more pics of the days progress.

Ray

Attachments

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Must be the fair weather bike camp? Looking really good. On the fender braces you button bolts. Do you use anything else under the bottom side other then just nut and lock washer?................Curt

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Must be the fair weather bike camp? Looking really good. On the fender braces you button bolts. Do you use anything else under the bottom side other then just nut and lock washer?................Curt
Hi curt. It was a beautiful day. Some sun and some sprinkles. Dan went for a ride and our friend, Shaun, chased him down on one of my bikes. Then it got real cool and Dan fired up the old wood stove to take the edge off. Overall it was nice the whole time.
The fenders use lock nuts inside.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
sounds like here started out with flannel shirt the t shirt now back to flannel shirt. Finally pushing 60 here and suppose to get a little warmer each day.

That bike sure is looking good............curt

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Here's what Bill's bike looks like now, plus some moped controls from ebay. He took it home today to work on the wiring. He wants to hide as much as possible.

In the mean time, Bill is working on another bike with a vintage Briggs motor.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
I'm impressed with the work you guys do. That engine heat coating is awesome. Nice English wheel, msrfan.