New Stretch Build

GoldenMotor.com

Ayotaybrink

Oct 26, 2011
New Jersey
Found a stretch cruiser over the summer for sale at the beach, picked it up and immediately was eager to get an engine on it. Took the engine off a beach cruiser I had, though there were some minor problems along the way she's starting to shape up nicely now.

Attachments

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
What brand of bike is it can one buy them handle bars seperate?
Going to be a AWESOME bike...................Curt

Ayotaybrink

Oct 26, 2011
New Jersey
To be honest I have no idea what type of frame it is. I've been trying to look it up online, there is no serial number for what I can see and no brand name marked anywhere on the frame. As for the handle bars I picked them up at a local bike shop, I believe there just 20 inch ape hangers.

Ayotaybrink

Oct 26, 2011
New Jersey
Thanks guys, I'm thinking its the Micargi Royal now that I have seen some pictures of them. Picked it up for 90 dollars off a kid hopefully the frame is durable enough for an engine. Those Basman cruisers are sick, might have to get one of those next, but for now I'm just trying to finish this one. The only problem I can see right now is for chain tensioners I'm gunna have to get creative here.

chrome

Jan 10, 2010
manila, philippines
I've been planning to use a basman for a 2nd build, but yes, the chain tensioner location plus the funds are holding me up. I'll be tailing this thread sir good luck!

Ayotaybrink

Oct 26, 2011
New Jersey
So I'm finally back working on the bike been a busy couple of months for me with trying to graduate college. But now the weathers getting nice and I'm missing being able to cruise around on the motorbike. So ive run into a few problems off the bat already.

1. I cannot find a chain tool for the 410 chain i keep buying the walmart ones and they just break. I was thinking maybe grind down the pin then use a punch? open to suggestions

2. Chain tensioner- the stock one does not have the height needed to reach the chain I havent come up with anything yet and am at a loss of ideas.

If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it. Oh and do you guys think one simpson strongtie is study enough to hold the engine in place ?

Ayotaybrink

Oct 26, 2011
New Jersey
so figured out the chain tensioner still working on the brakcet with the strong ties. I found out one was not durable enough to hold the engine still when riding. The engine would begin to move to towards the sprocket side from the torque. Also mounted the exhaust a different way feel it has a better look on the frame and put on a different set of handlebars to give it a more old school feel. More to come still.

Attachments

Ayotaybrink

Oct 26, 2011
New Jersey
Redid the strong tie mounts using a total of four strong ties to secure the bike which fixed the problem of the engine shifting, just working on getting the clutch tightened so it wont engage so easily guessing i either need new pads since ive tried working with the flower nut and all. Work in progress but she rides nice, bit more vibration than i'm used to but with the expansion chamber i can feel a big difference in the power and overall feel. Gotta slap some disc brakes on when i get a chance since I'm using the old bottoms of my vans as brakes as of right now haha. will post more pictures soon