Cobra Cycles Flat Track Racer

GoldenMotor.com

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
If you look at page 2 post #13 there is a diagram that explains how the engine is mounted. It is basically a mount made out of 1" square tubing that is welded to the bottom bracket, seat tube, and down tube. Then there is a engine brace (the silver part which is not in the diagram but can be seen in the photos) under that to tie it al together.

cantona7

Jul 10, 2012
Arlington VA
If you look at page 2 post #13 there is a diagram that explains how the engine is mounted. It is basically a mount made out of 1" square tubing that is welded to the bottom bracket, seat tube, and down tube. Then there is a engine brace (the silver part which is not in the diagram but can be seen in the photos) under that to tie it al together.
Yep, thanks! somehow missed it.

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
This build is fantastic! One question for clarity- is this a Honda engine or is it a Harbor Freight clone engine? Or something else? I believe after reading this thread that it is a true Honda but I'm not certain. I'm just wondering how you got the drivetrain tucked in so tight.

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
The engine was a HF clone. The drive train was just dumb luck, hardly any of this bike was planned, it all just seemed to fall in place. I just took what I had and planned around that.

cantona7

Jul 10, 2012
Arlington VA
Hi Lurker,

I am sorry to bug you again. I think it was discussed before briefly, but just wanted to confirm. The fork you used in this build, i know its mostly custom, but is it based on a certain fork? If so what fork did you use?

Thanks

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
Thanks guys. The fork on this bike is just a basic "chopper" fork cut down with a truss welded to it. If you can't weld, the fork still looks pretty cool shortened.

The frame was a Nirve b2

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
Thanks glad you liked the video. I will be posting more as soon as I get the new bike done. The engine is totally stock aside from the 22mm carb and custom exhaust. The exhaust in the video was only temporary, eventually changed it to a very short stubby pipe like some of the old harleys had. The shorter pipe had a much meaner raw sound to it. You can see it better in this photo.