New guy from Long Beach, Mississippi

GoldenMotor.com

rnc39560

Dec 31, 2016
Long Beach, MS
Complete noob here. Was looking for a NEW bike to build (Walmart) just to ride around town. Engine (flying horse) will be here the 5th. Found this and told the guy the bike (frame, tires, cables, ect...) needs more than I wanted to put in it, and I'd pass. We talked about his woodwork, which I tinker with also, and he GAVE me the bike!! Now I have a new engine in two days, but a LOT to do on the bike itself. I'm hoping after its done, I can break this engine down(the old one), and start another project. Any thoughts or ideas? I'm looking more at vintage looking board tracker style for a first one. Also, is anyone familiar with this engine (on the bike) or the bike itself? I barely even know any terminology as I just started looking into this a little over a week now. Also, if anyone is from south Mississippi, please let me know. .spr. .scratg

Attachments

Last edited:

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome to the forum, from the pictures it looks like a 66cc engine. It also looks like someone left the bike outside in the weather. Some of the older engines had 6mm studs wirh a nut that uses a 10mm socket which is the same as the 48cc, if the head nuts are 12mm socket size its a 66cc. The clutch cable is not connected or has broke, a common problem if the bike is left outside.

Kartooo

Nov 18, 2016
MA
welcome to the hobby. i love any hobby for the challenge.
once the challenge is gone you get bored.
enjoy your new found challenge and take pride when finished.

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
welcome to the hobby. i love any hobby for the challenge.
once the challenge is gone you get bored.
enjoy your new found challenge and take pride when finished.
Part of the hobby is riding that thing! That part never seems to get tiresome and can be very addicting.

brnot

Kartooo

Nov 18, 2016
MA
Part of the hobby is riding that thing! That part never seems to get tiresome and can be very addicting.

brnot
+1
i been bundling up in this cooold to get my short ride fix in quite often lately.
i get that dam wet stripe up my back when i can't wait for the rd to dry after a rain or a thaw too....

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
+1
i been bundling up in this cooold to get my short ride fix in quite often lately.
i get that dam wet stripe up my back when i can't wait for the rd to dry after a rain or a thaw too....
I'm in CA where it hardly ever rains but we are finally getting some now, it's going to rain most of this next week. Ha! I'm going into riding withdraws!