Cool Gas Tanks?

GoldenMotor.com

x-soldat

Jan 26, 2009
Eschenbach, Germany
This tank came from a Suzuki JR50 (via e-bay) I like the look but it could be a fuzz bigger. It holds about 3/4 gallon if you fill it all the way up.
I like the look of the tank, but what really caught my eye was the spring adjusted chain tensioner... can you post a close up and tell me where you bought it ?

Sep 4, 2008
Huntington, WV
Hey x, I got the chain tensioner and spring from Tractor Supply Co. and got the idea from MisterRight on this forum. Toytime, the thread is "Marvin Martian's Madwagon" in pictures and video. I am not sure if I have a closeup of the tensioner shown there, I will check and if not I will post one.

oldcliff

Feb 9, 2009
Wilmington Ohio
I thought of doing tha same as Red66 only using a small beer keg from the grocery store. They cost about $15.00 when full of beer. After the party and the beer is drained use the keg as a shell for the small thak that comes with the kit. BTW I am planning a party LOL.

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
I agree gas tanks are the one thing we all want. I know its been one of my wants since I got into building. Here are a few of my febble attempts at tanks. An Indian humpback a mini fat bob tank made from two tear drops and a tank I made for my old Firestone...
Terry

Attachments

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
I agree gas tanks are the one thing we all want. I know its been one of my wants since I got into building. Here are a few of my febble attempts at tanks. An Indian humpback a mini fat bob tank made from two tear drops and a tank I made for my old Firestone...
Terry
COOL GAS TANKS JEZUSJONZ!
.trk.

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
No I never finished that one like I said it was my first attempt and I never planned out the mounting or anything on it. It was probably the easiest one I have built. Guess I need to finish it huh? I need to get something else besides my mig to put tanks together. I use heavy sheet metal just so my crappy welder wont blow through it as much. The main problem I have seen is that the bungs and petcock parts are more expensive than what I would want to sell a tank for if I was selling them.

Waspswatter

Feb 17, 2009
Wisconsin, USA
Not sure if I'm going to use this or not. The tank is from an 80cc Yamaha dirtbike. I've sat and studied the Jaguar with the tank and sometimes it looks good and others it looks dorky. I know the white paint has something to do with how it looks and I've tried to picture it painted blue to match the bike. I'd welcome comments.
Tom

I like it, but it looks a little unbalanced with the bike lines. I think you should slide it rearwards an inch or two.

dnut

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
i want a small keg behind my seat (1/2 liter would be nice) for around $20 or so.or diffrrent size plastic ones would be nice,ive seen them for gocarts for around $12.maybe put a cover over them.

hombremosqa

Apr 6, 2009
salt lake city
im thinking of doing this

the seat is from an old sears allstate (gilera) and the tank is from a whothehellknowswhere

if the seat requires too much mod, i will just make a bent seatpost so i can move it back about 6 inches

Last edited:

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
If you were to add the rear fender that came with the bike and had the seat up against the tank and a touch higher, it would look kind of cool

hombremosqa

Apr 6, 2009
salt lake city
well, those pics are just mock ups, but yeah i will have the seat and tank arranged as they should. the most important thing is for me to get the tank mostly level. there are no real hills to deal with here, but in the event i do go up one, i will have the tank angled a bit more towards the rear.

im trying to find some fenders right now.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
well, those pics are just mock ups, but yeah i will have the seat and tank arranged as they should. the most important thing is for me to get the tank mostly level. there are no real hills to deal with here, but in the event i do go up one, i will have the tank angled a bit more towards the rear.

im trying to find some fenders right now.
Hombre,
That tank looks very much like the one I'm thinking of for my Jag. I posted a pic of it just sitting on the crossbar on page 2 of this thread. Mine came from an 80cc Yamaha. The more I look at my bike the more I like the tank. I like yours. The right paint, maybe some bobbed fenders...that could be one cool looking bike. Keep us posted.
Tom