Greyhound 79cc

GoldenMotor.com

Sky High

Aug 28, 2008
Virginia
Where can I purchase one of the 79cc Greyhound engines ? I called Harbor Freight Tools & they no longer carry them . Thanks

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
The greyhound engines were replaced by Predator engines, basically the same engine but 99cc. I've had both and they are good engines. I have a new 79cc Greyhound sitting on a shelf for later use.
SB

pocdragon

Apr 30, 2011
RI
i work for HFT, the old 79cc motors were bored out to 99cc, had the carbs adjusted accordingly and painted black

they have coupons out there that make em' 99$ which isnt too bad at all

when the stock was swapped out i grabbed a 79cc and a 190cc greyhounds on clearence, they havent had blue motors in my store for 6-7 months now

BUT

they probably still sell small water pumps, the smallest gas powered one is 98cc, the interesting thing is that the cylinder is verticle as opposed to the horizontal ones

goodluck finding an underbored one, the new ones are the exact same size and bolt patterns

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
i work for HFT, the old 79cc motors were bored out to 99cc, had the carbs adjusted accordingly and painted black
So what did they do with the crank? The stroke is different between the two.

goodluck finding an underbored one, the new ones are the exact same size and bolt patterns
The engine mount base is slightly different, too. Care to explain why?

Edit: The Predator 99 also appears to have a different cylinder head. So, the blocks are different. Color me doubtful of your claims.

Last edited: