simple newbie question

GoldenMotor.com

Chavo27

Apr 27, 2009
Indiana
After you put the motor on can you still peddle your bicycle?

Do the peddles still spin when the motor is turning... Like say your cruising along at 25mph....... Are the peddles going that fast as well, or are they stationary as if you were coasting?

OCCstingray

May 3, 2009
Chester County, PA
yes you can still pedal. The chain drive for the engine is on the left side of the bike and the chain drive for the pedals is on the right side of the bike. The pedals stay stationary just like you were coasting. You can pedal at any time to help the engine like when you have to go up a big hill.

Chavo27

Apr 27, 2009
Indiana
yes you can still pedal. The chain drive for the engine is on the left side of the bike and the chain drive for the pedals is on the right side of the bike. The pedals stay stationary just like you were coasting. You can pedal at any time to help the engine like when you have to go up a big hill.
thanks, that's all I was really wondering.. I would have hated the idea of the peddles spinning as fast as the bike was going.. That just sounds like it would have been dangerous..

Chavo27

Apr 27, 2009
Indiana
ANOTHER question..

50cc vs. 80cc..
80cc sounds allot bigger/stronger to me.. the 500cc motor costs more though.. Why is this? Just that their running a special on the 80cc or what?
Or is the 50cc a better motor, I'd only be using this to be getting from point A to point B in the city. No off road stuff or anything like that. I also weigh about 180lbs...

Shadeslay

Feb 25, 2009
Arroyo Grande, Ca
ANOTHER question..

50cc vs. 80cc..
80cc sounds allot bigger/stronger to me.. the 500cc motor costs more though.. Why is this? Just that their running a special on the 80cc or what?
Or is the 50cc a better motor, I'd only be using this to be getting from point A to point B in the city. No off road stuff or anything like that. I also weigh about 180lbs...

Suppose it depends on the vendor, most I've seen the 80cc's are about $10 more. The 80cc's have a little more torque which are better for hills and taking off. From what I've read the 50cc's vibrate a little less at high rpm's "top speed".

Chavo27

Apr 27, 2009
Indiana
Questions just keep coming to mind, how long can you ride on the engine before you have to shut it down and let it cool? I'm sure these engines can become over heated rather easily can't they?

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Last summer my buddy and I rode our bikes from Memphis Tn. to Horseshoe Lake Ark. It was about 80-100 miles one way the route we followed. We ran our motors about 3/4 throttle for very long time periods of time. When we did stop it was to refill our gas tanks, we would usually hang out for a few minutes while I smoked and we never had any problems with over heating.